Solved

Getting event info for Fullfiled order Flow before event has been triggered on Shopify

• 1 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’m setting up a Fullfilled Order flow for my Shopify store, and I want to use the Event Info (eg. {{ event|lookup:'$currency_code'|default:'' }}) in my email. 

But this event has never happend before on my store, so no data is shown on the “Preview & Test” tab.

Is there a docs page where Klaviyo lists all the Event Info variables availble to be used for each flow?

Utimately I’d like to be able to set up my email response for my Fullfilled Order flow before. My first customer purchases something and triggers it. Or do I have to do a test fullfill order on Shopify to trigger the event?.

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 2 August 2023, 11:50

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @GravityHut 

Welcome to the community and congrats on your first post!

My suggestion would be to pass a test Fulfilled Order event from your Shopify store. Once this event has been added to a profile in your Klaviyo account you will be able to test all of the template tags and variable syntax. In order to preview any template tag it must be a part of at least 1 profile in your account before the preview function will work.

Also, one last note, you will need to have this flow marked as transactional to be able to send these emails from your Klaviyo account and not your Shopify store. 

Hope this helps!