Solved

Help with Klaviyo not receiving abandoned carts data from shopify

• 29 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi there, 

I would like to set up an abandon cart email flow. However I am receiving this message when i do so:

‘We have not received any recent Added to Cart events. If you think there might be a problem, contact our Success Team for help.’

What do I need to do?

Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 29 December 2023, 17:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @FleurH81 

Thank you for posting your question in the community. 

Within Klaviyo, you can set up two different types of cart abandon emails. One that is based on the Checkout Started event, and another via the Added to Cart event.

With the Shopify integration, the Checkout Started event is automatically synced between your Shopify Store and Klaviyo. This event fires when a customer has reached the checkout and submitted the first page of the checkout, and abandon on the shipping page. Users do not need to be previously opted in for email to receive emails from the Checkout Started event because once they submit their email on the first page of the checkout, they will be added to Klaviyo. 

The Added to Cart event is an additional script that is not installed automatically with the Shopify integration. This event is different because it fires when a customer has actually added an item to their cart (vs. reaching the first page of the checkout), but the user must have previously been opted in to email marketing for the event to fire.

This is a key distinction between the two events to help troubleshoot why you are not getting any events to fire for the Added to Cart events. If you want to enable the Added to Cart event, you’ll first need to install the additional script.

Follow the instructions on this guide: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001396711

Once you’ve installed it, only users who have opted in to your email marketing will be eligible to trigger the event.

If you want more of the basic Cart Abandon that’s available through the Native Shopify Integration, then you’ll want to use the flow template based on the Shopify Checkout Started event. 

I hope this helps!

@In the Inbox 

Badge

Thank you Bryan! That helped a lot!