Solved

How do I merge two flows together

• 22 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have two totally separate flows operating from two different lists. After a series of actions, I would like to merge the two flows together. Is that possible?

icon

Best answer by Adam Ragsdale 23 March 2024, 15:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi @LitUp_Love - welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question! 

I would be glad to try to help. I don’t believe we can merge the flows, but we should be able to accomplish your goal...perhaps by having users exit your existing flows at a designated point and enter a new flow. Can you please provide a bit more detail about your existing flows and what you are trying to accomplish by merging them? 

1. What are the flow triggers for your current flows? 
  2. At what point would you like to merge them? 
  3. Can you provide screen shots of your flows, and the included filters and splits? 

Thanks and I look forward to your response. 

Badge

Yes, how could you design it so users exit a flow and enter a new flow? That would be perfect. 

Right now I have two different flows - one for users entering after they grab a leadgen Freebie from us (a workbook) and the other is coming in through our ecommerce site from a discount. At some point, the flow ends, but I would like to put them in my general flow that is weekly blog posts, etc. But I don’t see any option of what to do since when you get to the end of the flow it just says “end” and there is no option to do anything else. In other systems I’ve worked in, typically at this point there is an option to continue to another flow. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hey @LitUp_Love 

There are many ways to work around this, but I believe a solution for you is to use the Update Profile Property action at the end of your two flows to tag contacts who have completed it. To add the Update Profile Property action at the end of your flow:

1. Drag and drop a Profile Property Update action into the flow.
  2. Click +Add Step.
  3. Click into the Choose property action dropdown.
  4. Choose Create Profile Property and create the property to help use it as a trigger.

Then create a segment that includes these contacts tagged with the Profile Property you created and use this segment as part of your trigger for the general flow you want to put them in. 

I hope this helps but we always here to help so let us know if you still experiencing and challenges.   

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hey @LitUp_Love 

There are many ways to work around this, but I believe a solution for you is to use the Update Profile Property action at the end of your two flows to tag contacts who have completed it. To add the Update Profile Property action at the end of your flow:

1. Drag and drop a Profile Property Update action into the flow.
  2. Click +Add Step.
  3. Click into the Choose property action dropdown.
  4. Choose Create Profile Property and create the property to help use it as a trigger.

Then create a segment that includes these contacts tagged with the Profile Property you created and use this segment as part of your trigger for the general flow you want to put them in. 

I hope this helps but we always here to help so let us know if you still experiencing and challenges.   

Thank you @Kat Mofokeng; you beat me to it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Just adding another solultion:

If you're able to create a segment you should be able to trigger a new flow based on the segment.

Would that work?

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO