Solved

How do i send an email after someone buys a specific product?

• 20 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Sorry, somehow I can’t figure it out.

How do I set up a flow that sends an email when a customer buys one specific product?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 20 April 2023, 06:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Rain64 

Use trigger Placed order

And Trigger filter: Dimension - Items → Contain → Dimension value - the product name

Badge +2

@Rain64

Use trigger Placed order

And Trigger filter: Dimension - Items → Contain → Dimension value - the product name

Hey Bob, Thank you

I originally tried this with the flow filter without success. Is this wrong? Maybe because I need to use a trigger filter instead?

Badge +7

Hi @Rain64 What is the trigger that you had set up?

If it’s a post -purchase flow (like a Customer Thank You flow), I would set the trigger to “Placed Order” and try the following flow filters (together):

“ordered product at least once over all time where variant name contains (the product name)” AND “Placed order at least once over all time where name contains (product name)”

Also perhaps adding a conditional split with conditions “ordered product at least once over all time where variant name contains (the product name)” can work too.

Hope this helps!

Badge +2

Thank you guys,

I created the condition in a trigger filter and now it seems to be working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Rain64 

Just to explain what is the difference.. 

When you use flow filter as you did first this will look into customers who bought the product only once but at any time in the past. So this flow will include people who bought that product once lets say 3 months ago but it wouldn’t check what they are buying now when they are triggering the flow.

With trigger filter we are making sure to check what they are buying now, in the moment of placing order trigger filter will check do they have that product in the order now or not. And according to what you explained that is what you needed here...

Hi there! I try to put in ‘items’ in dimensions, but this doesn’t work out. Could someone enlighten me on what I have to do to succesfully build this flow?