Solved

How to change flow trigger

• 14 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have a flow set up based on someone entering a list that’s about a year long. I’m trying to get that flow to repeat once they’ve finished it instead of exiting the flow. I know I have to set up a date-based flow instead but how do I do that with my existing flow? I’ve already created all of the emails and time delays so I don’t want to have to start over. 

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 14 November 2023, 22:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @JaimeC !

Since Flows are built around the trigger, you will need to Clone your existing Flow in order to modify your trigger, without losing the work you have already put into messages you already have set up in the Flow itself. 

To clone a flow:

1. Navigate to the Flows tab and find the flow that you would like to change the trigger for.
  2. On the right of the flow, click the Edit Flow button to reveal the dropdown and select Clone.
    Clicking the arrow next to the Edit Details button on the right side of a flow will show the Clone option
  3. In the Clone Flow modal, choose a new trigger for the flow by selecting the Trigger dropdown. Change the name of the flow if desired. 
    Clone Flow modal with a text box to edit the flow name and a dropdown that can be used to change the trigger
  4. After you clone a flow to update the trigger, you can delete the original flow. Only do this if you don't mind losing the historic analytics associated with it — the cloned version of a flow starts with a clean slate in terms of analytics.
  5. On the Flows tab, find your original flow.
  6. Click the Edit Flow button to reveal the dropdown and select Delete.

--

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski

This is not how the clone function works as of Feb 20.   When I click open the trigger dropdown menu, all I see are lists.  No triggers or event types are in the dropdown, even though the flow being cloned uses an event-based trigger.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @james_kc 

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with a cloned flows trigger. This should not be the case and would be unexpected behavior if your account has event data in it (which based on your post, you do). I know this may seem silly, but the list that shows starts wherever the current trigger is in the dropdown. Have you tried scrolling up to see what’s there? I know most members only scroll down but that doesn’t mean there isn’t more above. 

Badge +3

I have the same experience as well, my flow is triggered based on those joining the segment, but when you clone a flow, you don’t see the segment or specific lists