Solved

how to display cart details in a campaign email

• 19 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hi,  I ran a sale on my shopify store last week.   The sale has ended.  

I am creating a segment that includes people that has abandoned the checkout process last week.  I’d like to send them an email giving them a discount to recover the abandoned cart.  

So should I use an email campaign to do that?  If so, how can I include the cart content in my email?

or should I create a one-time flow to include this one-week abandoned carts?

I already have an abandoned cart recovery flow, but that’s not specific to this group of abandoned carts.

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 20 April 2023, 15:22

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @noobmarket 

Thanks for reaching out for help with your abandon cart email.

The best way to achieve this would be to set up a one time flow. In order to pull in the correct data you will need to use one of the prebuilt abandon cart flow templates or create a metric triggered flow using Add to cart as the trigger, you can then add flow filters to limit the audience you are pulling from. Metric triggered flow are the only way to dynamically populate the email template with the correct information. 

Hope this helps!

Badge +2

I set up this flow to capture all the abandoned carts during the last promotion between April 1st and 16th.

I back-populated the flow recipients.  But there’s no one entering this flow.  How should I fix it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @noobmarket 

I would suggest removing the flow trigger filter $Value is greater than 0, any profile that has a Checkout Started will automatically be greater than 0. The flow filters shouldn’t be the issue as none of them are contradicting each other.

Badge +2

I removed the flow trigger filter $Value is greater than 0.

But there’s no one entering this flow after I backpopulated the flow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @noobmarket 

I knew I was missing a major piece of information for you but I just figured it out! I’m so sorry for my confusion. Check out this other community post with the same issue: 

Thank you so much for your patience, and sorry again for my confusion!

Badge +2

@stephen.trumble , thanks for the link to the similar issue discussion.

Because I wanted to target abandoned checkout since 4/1/2023, I added a time day of 24 days and successfully got the backpopulation to work:

But I have a new problem where the emails are scheduled to go out like 24 days from the time the users started the checkout.

But I want to schedule these emails to go out as soon as possible as the flow is a one-time effort trying to recover abandoned carts.

I understand that I can create a segment to target these emails with a campaign, but I can’t display a user’s cart in a campaign email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@noobmarket,

You could try to create a segment and have the flow trigger on people being in that segment. That way you can sent it out in one go. You could also just send it as a campaign if you'd like.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge +2

But how can I show the cart content in the email if I use a segment-triggered flow?