Solved

How to exclude collection from coupon codes?

• 28 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

While creating a dynamic coupon code I don't have an option to exclude some products or collections, but only to add some.
Is there any solution how to exclude products that are already on sale from discount? Our weekly discount products are organized in collections in Shopify so it would be easy to exclude them but I don't see an option inside Klaviyo.
Does anyone have a solution besides checking the active collections and leaving the discounted collection unchecked? @Bobi N. maybe you know?
Thanks all!

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 29 March 2024, 08:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@Vesna EGarden hey, thanks for your question!

Sadly, I’m not aware that there’s an option to exclude products or collections from discounts both in Shopify, and in Klaviyo, without using scripts or third party apps (maybe not even that way).

I’m not a Shopify expert so perhaps this was recently updated (to my knowledge it wasn’t), but it for sure is not possible in Klaviyo.

The only way to only apply certain discounts to certain products is to group the products in a collection, and then create a discount that applies to that collection only - this will ensure only the products in that collection are applicable for a discount.

Hope this helps, happy to chat further!

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hey @Vesna EGarden 

Yeah, it's true, Klaviyo doesn't have a direct option to exclude specific products or collections from discounts. It allows you to apply discounts to specific collections, but it doesn’t provide an option to exclude certain collections or products.

Here is workaround you can consider:

Group the products: The only way to apply certain discounts to certain products is to group the products in a collection.
Create a discount for that collection: Then create a discount that applies to that collection only. This will ensure only the products in that collection are applicable for a discount.

You will have to manually manage your collections and discounts, but it can help you achieve your goal of excluding certain products from discounts.

I hope this helps! The community has got you If you have any more questions!😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

I already answered to Vesna in another place but just to repeat it here so other people may benefit for this answer to.

In Klaviyo we can’t do this but there is pretty simple solution through Shopify. If you go to Shopify collections and create collection with definition of having all products except the collection you don’t want discounted, then you can go in Klaviyo and simply use that one collection that has all the products except the products in the collection that you don’t want discounted.

Badge +4

@Bobi N. Thank you so much! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Indeed what Bobi mentioned is the best way to do this.

Have an up-to-date collection in Shopify that holds all products that a discount can be used for.
I'm highlighting up-to-date because you need to keep this collection up to date - add it to the internal processes to check this and select it when making changes to product inventory.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO