Solved

In Trigger products are not actualised

• 23 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I would like to send a message to our customers who have placed a pre-order. To do this, I would like to create a flow with the trigger "When someone placed an order". Now comes the problem: When I select "Items" "contains" and "List" or "Text", the drop-down shows me a lot of old items that no longer exist in our Shopify backend. However, the new products that we have created in Shopify are not displayed.

However, if I look in Klaviyo under Content --> Products, I see the correct and current articles!

How can I update these current products so that I can also select them in the triggers?

What alternative settings could I use to trigger the SKU? Example: If the customer buys the SKU "XYZ", he should receive an e-mail.

Thank you very much for your support.

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 23 February 2024, 11:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Welcome to the community @Bakbert 

it sounds like there have been no orders placed yet for those products so they won’t apear in the drop-down for the flow trigger filter for a placed order event. You can ignore the drop-down values and just enter the item name of the product with ‘contains’ and type ‘list’.

However, I suggest placing a test order for that product, then the product will appear in the drop-down as an option which is less error prone.

The old products are appearing in the list even though they are not in your Shopify inventory as they have been captured with historical placed order events.

Also, with a new flow I always set to manual initially so I can review it’s working as expected before taking it live.

Does that help?

Regards

Andy 

Badge

Hi @bluesnapper ,

thank you very much for your detailed answer. I can understand your explanation very well. I have already tried it with "Contains" and "List" and have made a test sale. Unfortunately that didn't work. Is there a way to trigger the SKU?

Thank you very much for your support

Kind regards,

Bakbert

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Same problem here but is not only about products but also LIST.

When I try to filter the trigger with a list name, the names are not “updated” (it still reflect the original names) and is the same issue with products, they show the original name when they sync the first time even if I have resync data