Skip to main content

Currently Im trying to create a sunset flow that will remove subscribers from our email list once if they have taken no action in the last 150 days.

I made this flow but am not sure how to test it (other than just turning it on) and I want to make sure it will work before I accidentally mess something up. Below are pictures of each step in the flow with the desired result of unsubscribing inactive emails.

Can anyone tell me if this will work or do I need to create a webhook and sunset segment to accomplish the removing the emails from our list?

Trigger action
Conditional split to make sure they didn’t click last email
make subscriber unengaged
Remove the subscriber from the list

I’m 92.5% this won’t have your desired affect on the trigger. This flow will literally get triggered as soon as someone joins your list. And if they’re just joining, they’re going to fail the filter and not go through the flow.

At the end of the flow, yes, you are removing them from the list, but you’re not actually removing or suppressing them from your account. You’ll still be paying for them as an active profile. Which, maybe that’s what you want, but typically a “sunset flow” is for removing people that you no longer want to pay for.

And if that’s the case, then yes, you need a webhook.

Sooooo….if I were you, I would follow the conventional rules of creating a sunset segment. Have that segment trigger the flow. Create filters to remove people that actually re-engage during the flow. Then use a webhook to suppress contacts at the end.