Solved

Is this possible?

• 12 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi Community!

I am designing and planing my welcome flow for my e-com brand Ninja Protector. I want to capture the leads thru a sign up form - this will only be shown to engaged and new customers. This means that the welcome flow will be segmented for those who have never bought → Here I wonder if you would pull the profiles out of the flow after they purchased and put them in the thank you flow+upsell flow? yes or no? Would you let them finish the welcome flow or no?…

HOWEVER! My main question is, would you recommend me doing one welcome flow (much shorter) for those who have already placed order 1 over all time? Just to engage the segment with the brand and to customize the copy for those who already feel comfortable with the brand.

If yes, then thank you - I kind of already know the segments to put this in action - However if no, I kindly ask you tell me more of what you would do instead for those who opt in but already have placed 1 order.

→ This will mainly be for those who opt in thru the checkout process or when they see pop up nr 2 customized mainly for customers… is this a good idea?

I have built the segments in forehand. 1 segment for those engaged but never purchased , and 1 segment for those who have placed 1 order. But I would love to have your insights still!

I wish you all a great day.

Kindly, 

Saman

icon

Best answer by KatherineB 12 September 2023, 17:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

HI @SamanSaffari thanks for posting in the Klaviyo community - great question!

There are 2 main purposes of a welcome flow - to orient subscribers to your brand and to make a purchase. 

If the main purpose of your welcome flow is to drive the purchase, then I would have a post purchase thank you flow for first time customers that is a little longer and gives them more of a brand introduction to keep them engaged and encourage loyalty. That way, if someone buys from your welcome flow, they will go through the post purchase flow and receive different content than they already received in the welcome flow. 

You can add a filter onto your welcome flow Placed order zero times since starting this flow. 

Here’s some information from Klaviyo on post purchase flows

Sounds like you’re on the right track. Good luck!

Badge

HI @SamanSaffari thanks for posting in the Klaviyo community - great question!

There are 2 main purposes of a welcome flow - to orient subscribers to your brand and to make a purchase. 

If the main purpose of your welcome flow is to drive the purchase, then I would have a post purchase thank you flow for first time customers that is a little longer and gives them more of a brand introduction to keep them engaged and encourage loyalty. That way, if someone buys from your welcome flow, they will go through the post purchase flow and receive different content than they already received in the welcome flow. 

You can add a filter onto your welcome flow Placed order zero times since starting this flow. 

Here’s some information from Klaviyo on post purchase flows

Sounds like you’re on the right track. Good luck!

Aha! really great answer there Katherine much appreciated.

This makes more sense. I know what to do now love it thank you!