Solved

Issue currency abandon cart email

• 17 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,

I am trying to find a solution on this but Klaviyo support and Shopify support are not very helpful and bother are redirecting to the other one…Very simple issue, but so hard to fix.

I have a multi-devise store. On the abandon cart email, the price that is displayed is correct but not the currency.

So for example below the price is in USD but the customer is from Uzbekistan and the currency should be UZS.

See below:

So easy question: how to change the devise of the abandon cart email based on the currency of the customer checkout on Shopify?

Thanks.

C.

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 17 May 2024, 13:05

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +39

Welcome to the community @coco44du44 

I don’t know if this is ideal but the ISO currency code is sent to Klaviyo for checkout and placed order events. So in your abandoned checkout email you structure the text block of your dynamic table as below. {{ event|lookup:'$currency_code'}} pulls the ISO currency code.

So in your example, the price would appear as 3,628,000,00 UZS

My assumption here is that Shopify is showing the correct local currency code during checkout. I don’t manage any multi-currency stores...

I say, maybe not ideal because for other countries, for example US, you would prefer $100 and it would appear as 100 USD

Does that help?

Regards

Andy