Solved

Issue with Abandoned Checkout Flow Redirects in Klaviyo

• 21 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello Klaviyo Community,

I am currently creating an Abandoned Checkout Flow and used the pre-built flow with the "Checkout Started" trigger. When I preview and test the button on the first customer profile, it redirects me to the checkout page as expected. However, when I check the other profiles (from the 2nd onwards), the button redirects me to the home page of the website instead.

Can you please help me understand why this is happening? The checkout button only works correctly for the first profile in the preview, but it fails to work for profiles 2-10.

You can try it in the pre-built flow of Klaviyo to see if we are encountering the same issue.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 21 May 2024, 16:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

It sounds like the checkout links aren't working correctly for all the profiles. First try to make sure each customer gets their own unique link to their specific checkout page. Check your Klaviyo flow settings to ensure the links are being created and inserted automatically.

Also, review any custom settings or integrations that might be causing issues. Sometimes custom scripts or third-party tools can interfere with how the links are generated or handled, so it’s worth checking if any of these might be affecting your flow.

Here is a resource that could be helpful in this case:
https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000256472

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @JaneImpelido 

Thank you for posting your question in the community. I wanted to share some additional information for you to look into as your troubleshoot.

I ran into a similar issue where some of the links were redirecting to the homepage. I dug into this and was able to determine the reason is that the checkout sessions expired due to a purchase. 

If that is the case, check out this post, as it might give you some insight into what is happening with the links.

https://community.klaviyo.com/campaigns%2Dand%2Dflows%2D30/abandoned%2Dcheckout%2Dflow%2Dcheckout%2Dlink%2Dis%2Dnot%2Dheading%2Dto%2Dcheckout%2Dpage%2D8774

If that isn’t what’s happening, could you please provide a little more detail about how the links aren’t working.

Best,

@In the Inbox