Solved

Klaviyo email flows & campaigns leading to "This site can’t be reached"

• 6 February 2024
  • 13 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I have an issue where when I send test emails out for my campaigns and email flows, it would direct to “This site can’t be reached”. This has never happened before and I can’t seem to find a fix to it. Would appreciate any help!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 6 February 2024, 21:44

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @dannyfrom57 

Thanks for reaching out for help with your campaigns and flows.

I have a couple follow up questions for you to be able to best help, did you send a test email to your email address or is this error happening when you “preview” the template? Also, is it all email templates that this is happening with or just specific flow email templates? If so, are you using the prebuilt email templates for your integration, if yes which templates are you using? With a little more info I can dive in deeper to understand what happened.

If this is happening in the “preview” within Klaviyo, try logging out, clearing your browser history and cookie cache and restarting. Most of the time that helps clear up these types of issues

I’ll be on the lookout for your response.

Badge +1

Yes I am sending this test email to both of my email address. When I preview the template it works fine. It is currently happening with every flow from Abandoned Cart, Browse Abandonment, campaigns etc. I never came across this issue when testing out the CTA and social media links until recently. 

I have also tried turning off my WiFi on my iPhone and using data, didn’t work.

Badge +1

trk.klclick3.com refused to connect.” 

That’s what it says for every flow and campaign when I try to test it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

@dannyfrom57

I just asked one of our backline experts to take a look at your post and screenshot and he pointed out the error message “ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED”. It's entirely possible that this may have occurred due to security settings on your domain, or within your site. I know many brands have recently made changes to their domains due to the new Google/Yahoo requirements.  If you have a developer, I would recommend following up with them to determine if there were any changes made regarding site security.  Unfortunately this error is something that is outside of Klaviyo's control as it is related to how your site is handling our tracking domain and parameters. In this case, I would say that setting up dedicated click tracking will be the best option to fix this issue going forward.  Dedicated click tracking will align your site's domain with the domain used for click tracking, which will prevent blocking in the browser due to what your site is currently seeing as redirects.

For more information on setting that up, I'd recommend reviewing this article from our Help Center: How to set up dedicated click tracking.

I hope this helps!

Badge +1

Thank you for your assistance! I have read up the article but have trouble understanding on how to set it up. Is there a step by step guide?

Badge +1

Hi, I have already did the following steps from the link you sent and would like to validate my records. Unfortunately, I don’t have access to customer support as I’m on a free plan. Are you able to assist?

Badge +1

I tested a send email to my friend’s email that has a different IP and it seemed like it worked for him. Could it be because of my WiFi or adblocker extension?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

@dannyfrom57 

It absolutely could be because of the ad-blocker extensions or if you are using VPN. I would suggest adding klaviyo to your trusted sites in your browser and turn off VPN (if you’re using it) and try again. If this is still unresolved, I can make a support request on your behalf. 

Badge +1

Just disabled both, still doesn’t work. I added Klaviyo to my trust sites and still does not work. I would appreciate a support request! Wouldn’t want to move to another email marketing website as Klaviyo is really convenient for me to use.

Thank you so much,

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @dannyfrom57 

I have created a support ticket for you, someone from the support team should reach out to you soon to help verify you’ve setup dedicated click tracking successfully. Or if there are still issues they can look closer into the account to help solve the problem.

Badge +1

Noted thank you! 

Badge +1

Hey @stephen.trumble

Am I supposed to expect an email from Klaviyo customer support today? Kind of need this to be resolved soon as I’m launching my website in a couple weeks, just want to make sure everything goes smooth.

Thanks,

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @dannyfrom57 

The support ticket is in, and you should expect to hear back from the support team soon.