Question

OS not supporting a typeface

• 14 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

we were not able to solve one issue: being able to display our custom fonts due to an OS not supporting a typeface. 

Is there a way to use custom code to embed typefaces/ our host typefaces on a server and override the fallback font necessity on an OS? or any possible solution through code to help us rectify this issue?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +19

Hi @belwalshubham,

Thank you for your question in the Klaviyo Community!

You are absolutely able to load in custom fonts. Typically my recommendation would be to try and use one of the default fonts or a web-safe font that works on most devices.

More information on how to load in a custom font can be found here.

I hope that helps!

Thanks
David

Badge +1

hi @DavidV , in klaviyo can we host typefaces on a server and override the fallback font necessity on an OS? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @belwalshubham !

I don’t believe the workaround you are suggesting here would be possible. 

Fallback fonts are actually determined by the end user’s device settings, so this happens outside of Klaviyo. If there’s no fallback font available, or if the fallback font isn’t supported by the device being used, then the device will use a default font, like Arial or Times New Roman. Default fonts vary widely across devices and apps. 

You can read more about this in the Help Center article: Understanding fonts in email

Hope this helps! 

-- Ashley Ismailovski