Skip to main content

Hey Klaviyo users and experts,

I would like to invite you to share your strategies on personalizing the messaging for Checkout Abandoners.

Here is my case:

I am branching my flow now:

1. customer vs non-customer
  2. different branches to different products (some are high-tiket ones and need more explanations on benefits)

But I want to personalize my messaging more - remind about discounts in these emails.

Regularly it would be a simple reminder (according previous branching) with no discount for some people and a first purchase discount for those who have subscribed to my list via the discount form and have valid discount code. To identify these first-time purchasers with a valid discount code I am tagging profile properties through the welcome flow. So for this scenario I use hide if logic. But I cannot modify the subject line in this scenario.

Now I am running a promotion on a certain products. These products are tagged and added to Limited-Time Offer Product Category.

If the person has added product from Limited-Time Category to the cart I want to send him email with different wording encouraging him to purchase. Potentially I could achieve this with hide if logic in the email, but I want to change the subject line too.

How can I resolve this?
Now i have created a second Checkout Abandonment Flow. When person abandons cart with a Limited-time Offer product he goes through it. These emails goes 15 min earlier than regular Checkout Abandonment Flow. Then I have a filter to skip an email in a Regular Flow if person received the Promotional Checkout Abandonment Flow in the last 1 hour.

The problem is that this skip thing is not working very well. Mostly of the time it works, but not always. I just had a person who received two Checkout Abandonment emails 15 min apart (Promotional and Regular). That looks quite desperate 😀

If the promotion is site-wide then it would be easier. I think I would use Schedule Update Status for different flows, but mostly of the time promotions are on the certain items only.

Would really love to hear from you!

Be the first to reply!