Solved

Post-Purchase Pre-order Flow with Tags

• 23 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi, I’m trying to figure out how to set up an email flow for customers that purchased one of our pre-order items. The issue I have is that we only have certain sizes/colours of two products up for pre-order, some that are still in stock, so was running into the issue of the Placed Order pre-order tag not registering in Klaviyo to trigger the flow or add people to a pre-order segment. 

Any tips on a workaround or something I have missed? Thx!

icon

Best answer by KirsSemple 26 April 2024, 00:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

HI @KirsSemple, welcome to the community!

When you say you’re Placed Order “pre-order tag”, are you putting a tag called “pre-order” whenever an order in Shopify has a pre-order?  Is this manually done?

Or, are certain products (variants) tagged “pre-order” at the product or variant level?  

I suspect that if you are manually tagging orders as they come in, then those tags don’t make it to Klaviyo when the purchases happen.  But if you are adding the tag at the product level, you can use the Flow triggered by the event “Ordered Products” instead of Placed Order so that you can filter it down to those with the “pre-order” product tag.

If you can show us a bit more detail on your setup with screenshots, we’re happy to help further!

Badge

Hi Joseph!

I figured it out! Actually, the “tag” being added by our pre-order and restock notification app at purchase was a product type, not a tag, so I was able to filter the emails based on the product type. Thank you for your help anyway!