Skip to main content
Solved

Product reviews flow (exclude products that have already been sent)

• 10 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi there!

We need help creating a flow for product reviews.

The following process should be carried out:

1. Customer orders two products in the online shop
2. After the order has the status "Fulfilled Order", the customer should receive a review request 2 days later

We need help with point 2: The customer should only receive the e-mail if he hasn’t yet received a review request for one of the products ordered.

Can that be implemented at all?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @magnolia4,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Your question isn’t entirely clear, but I think I get the gist. I think you should be able to accomplish this by using a simple “has not been in this flow” flow filter

I also think a point of confusion is the understanding of a fulfilled order. When someone orders two products in a single order, a fulfilled order metric will only trigger when all items in the order are marked as fulfilled. This means, if one item is fulfilled before the other, the event won’t trigger.

In relations to a product review flow, because of this, only one product review request would be sent. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +1

Hello David,
many thanks for your response!

Wouldn't it be the case that if we use the "has not been in this flow"-filter, the customer would be excluded from the flow in the future?

In my opinion, the filter does not refer to the included products from "fulfilled order" but to the flow itself.

Best regards
Marcus

Badge +1

Briefly about our intention:

The customer should only receive a review request for products for which he has not yet received a request. 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @magnolia4,

Using the “has not been in this flow” filter would only prevent those who already qualify and are going through the flow from receiving them again within the specified timeframe.

I think I have a better understanding now. It sounds like you want to only send someone a product review request for a product they haven’t previously received a request for. I.E. if the customer repurchased the same product again you don’t want them receive another review request. 

Only way I can see this being done would be through a series of conditional or triggers splits evaluating if the customer has previously received a review request for the specific product purchased. Although it’s possible, if you have a large selection of products, you may be left with fairly large flow. I wouldn’t advise this since the more flow or conditional splits there are in a flow, there may be a longer delay in the automated flow email reaching a recipient’s inbox. 

Instead, you may want to use a third-party product review tool such as Okendo which passes "Created Okendo Review" metric/event which is recorded when a review has been submitted. This way, it would at least prevent repeat reviews from customer from occurring. Besides Okendo, we have a number of third-party Tech Partners that offer product review tools that integration with Klaviyo. 

David