Skip to main content

Hello,
I have Klaviyo integrated in my react native app with `klaviyo-react-native-sdk`. When I’m sending test notifications from campaign it works well with iOS version. But there is one issue on Android version when app is closed.
Notifications on Android are not displayed when app is closed probably because they don’t include ‘notification’ payload (only ‘data’) so Android won’t show it. I can’t see any option in Klaviyo dashboard to set custom payload for push notifications. Is it somehow manageable?

(I can display notification properly while app is in the background or in the foreground but not when it’s closed)

Thank you

Hey @xcapistr 

Thanks for reaching out for help with this! @Brett_Gatsby or @DavidV would either of you know if this is possible for android?

Hello @xcapistr 

Trying removing android:exported="false" from this code 

<service android:name="your.package.name.YourPushService" android:exported="false">            <intent-filter>                <action android:name="com.google.firebase.MESSAGING_EVENT" />            </intent-filter>        </service>

Thanks for helping @Maxbuzz 
I guess the code is from `AndroidManifest.xml` but I don’t have anything like that in it (no `<service>` or `android:exported=false` near messaging service).

App is managed by Expo and in our team we would like to avoid changing native code.

Also notifications sent from the Firebase console or our backend service are displayed correctly whether the app is closed or not.