Solved

Shopify Draft Order Flow

• 29 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Does anyone know how to get Shopify Draft Orders data to sync to Klaviyo? Starting a draft order will trigger the “Checkout Started” flow, which is great, but the {{ event.extra.checkout_url}} link that takes them to their order for payment does not work; it seems Shopify does not pass the data along.

Could this be because until they open up the invoice that was emailed to them, they technically have not yet generated a checkout? And, if so, is there a way around this?

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 4 March 2024, 13:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Stans 

Thanks for asking the community for help with this!

To create a flow based on drafted orders, the drafted orders would need to sync over to Klaviyo as an event. The checkout started trigger is only created after we receive an event through a web-hook from Shopify and if it has a financial status field: https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/orders/draftorder which we would need to confirm if drafted orders do have this status. 

So, the draft orders may not send over automatically but you can create a custom solution that tracks this and you can use Klaviyo’s open APIs. We have a wonderful Developer database that you can use as a reference.

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

Thanks, @stephen.trumble!

This def gets me pointed in the right direction. And if I’m reading this correctly, I would need to insert the Webhook Action in the flow and use appropriate API call to receive the data from Shopify. I’m also wondering if this becomes more viable if it’s an unpaid order rather than a draft order? I’ll look more into this with info you provided. Please forgive me, I know very little on the coding and developer side of things.