Solved

Test Email Sent from Preview Not Being Received

• 6 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I created a new campaign and need to see the test email to review the formatting. It appears to successfully send the test email; however, I am not receiving the email in my Inbox or Junk folders. I tried sending the test to my personal email and it was also not received there. I cannot move forward with this campaign until I’m able to test the email. I’ve always received test emails in the past. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by David To 6 July 2023, 22:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @BSiegfried,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Are you sending the email as a preview email or as a live campaign for testing? If you’re sending it as a preview email, this may be caused by hitting preview send limit. Our How to preview and send test emails in Klaviyo Help Center highlights the limits in the chart below:

Plan size

Preview email limit (per billing cycle)

0-250 contacts (free plan)

100 preview emails

251-500 contacts

500 preview emails

501+ contacts

1/10th of your plan's sending capacity

If you sent the email as a live campaign for testing, I would suggest checking to see if the email bounced or was skipped. Both of these reasons can cause you to not receive emails despite previously receiving them in the past. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +4

Hello

I am having this problem now, can not send test emails to check a coupon code.

First, this is a ridiculous rule from Klaviyo, if you set restrictions like this, without a warning pop-up, how is the client meant to know! Even for me, as an agency I have just spend a wasted hour trying to figure out why this is happening.

Second, a test email should NOT be counted towards the clients monthly useage. We use test emails because we DO NOT TRUST Klavyio codes, and the Mobile view is always different to viewing on a real email.

After googling, I found I needed to update the client to the next tier, but am still not receiving the test email.

I can see 9 emails have been sent (which is the ones I’m sending to myself)

How else to fix this? Regardless of the client's account type or plan, there should be NO RESTRICTIONS on test emails. I’m really disappointed to learn this today. Such a waste of time and red tape for no benefit to anyway.