Skip to main content
Solved

Triggering post purchase flow via Zapier

• 18 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello!

I’m trying to configure a Zap to initiate an email flow upon specific item purchased. I have a 2nd platform (Uscreen), outside of WooCommerce, where live events are sold. I need to be able to trigger an email flow with welcome, reminder, and thank you emails, only for these live events, hence using the specific item purchased “product name” as the criteria.

In my research, flows can’t be triggered via the “Send Campaign” action for Klaviyo in Zapier. Is there a way for this to be accomplished?

I can use Zapier to add users to a list, which then could then trigger a flow, but would rather not have to create lists for this reason. We already create segments for each live event we do so was hoping to use the segment as the trigger in this scenario, but it doesn’t look like you can add someone to a segment via Zapier.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hey @david toback 
Thank you for asking this question in the community,

For your situation, add these profiles in a list first and then create a segment with the conditions that says - if someone is in this list and purchased that product XYZ and then this segment will trigger the flow. Below screenshot for your reference

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks
Arpit

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Is Uscreen, the second platform that you are using, sending placed order data to Klaviyo?

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Hello @david toback 

You Zap configuration would look like this:

Once this is setup, then you can use the event as a flow trigger and send your email. For the follow ups you can use the lists.

Badge

Is Uscreen, the second platform that you are using, sending placed order data to Klaviyo?

Correct

Badge

Hello @david toback 

You Zap configuration would look like this:

Once this is setup, then you can use the event as a flow trigger and send your email. For the follow ups you can use the lists.

Ah, thanks so much! I didn’t even know about Events in Klaviyo haha!

Badge

Hey @david toback 
Thank you for asking this question in the community,

For your situation, add these profiles in a list first and then create a segment with the conditions that says - if someone is in this list and purchased that product XYZ and then this segment will trigger the flow. Below screenshot for your reference

Let me know if this helps,

Thanks
Arpit

Thanks for the suggestion. Problem with this is that Uscreen is a separate platform outside of WooCommerce or Shopify, so the product data won’t sync to Klaviyo and this functionality wouldn’t be available.

This is why I was looking into Zapier to trigger on the purchase within the Uscreen platform.