Skip to main content
Solved

Two codes not being sent when customer buys two of the same item

• 13 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone, I am very new to this and my jargon isn’t great.  Apologies if I don’t explain this well.  We just launched our Perfume brand and our website (Shopify store) went live last week. 

Through Klayvio I set up a unique code to be sent to customers who buy our sample pack.  It was set up as a flow with an email that contains a unique code that is sent to the customer when they buy the Sample pack.   It works but we didn’t anticipate that people would buy two sample packs.  What’s happening is they are being sent one email with one coupon code and it should be two separate codes.  Is there a fix around this for the future?  For my current customers, do I just send a manual second code?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Hello @HARTandHEDI  You can exclude customer who have already received an email. This will prevent sending them a new coupon code.

You can add something like this in your flow.

Badge

Hi there, thanks for your reply but I need it to send two codes.  I’m not wanting to exclude anyone.  I want the customer to receive two codes because they have bought two products.  At the moment, they are only getting one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Welcome to the community @HARTandHEDI 

To be able to find the best solution, some questions:

• What is the trigger for your flow? Can you share a screengrab of your flow?
  • Is the discount amount offered the same for each sample pack purchased?
  • Is each discount only applicable to specific products? For example, if they purchase sample pack A, is the discount only applicable to product A, i.e. the full product related to sample pack A? Or can it be applied to any product?
  • What is the maximum number of different sample packs that can be ordered by a customer?

Regards

Andy

Badge

We think we solved it.  The trigger was Placed Order and should have been Ordered Product.  We cloned the flow and then set the old flow to a time delay of 365 days between the trigger an the first email.  This means that all the old customers on that flow will get their emails but the new customers will be on the new flow.  Once a month or two is up we can delete the old flow.  Thanks to everyone that reached out with a solution.  It’s all very helpful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Glad you got it sorted @HARTandHEDI 

Regards

Andy

Badge

Turns out it didn’t work…  It’s very frustrating.  I’ve had to create a manual list to add people to to give them more codes but if they order three of them (as just happened) it won’t let me add them to the list more than once so I’m back to square one on this.  The system acknowledges that the customer has bought 3 items but only sends them one code…