Question

Welcome flow test email sends twice

• 22 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi all! Last night I added the first email in my welcome flow, when I sent the test emails (I manually entered the emails, sending just to myself and my partner) they went to both email addresses twice.

I don’t think it can be a double contact issue, because I wasn’t using my list, just entered the two email addresses. Any idea how to solve this?

(The emails also went to spam for both of us, but I think that’s a later problem 😂) 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @danika.ft.art!

This topic is actually addressed in another thread, here:

Best,

Brian

Badge

Here are a few things you could check to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check Email Service Provider Settings: Ensure that there are no duplicate settings or configurations in your email service provider's settings that might be causing the emails to be sent twice.

2. Review Email Template: Double-check your email template to see if there are any loops or duplicate triggers set up that might be causing the emails to be sent multiple times.

3. Verify Integration: If you're using any third-party integrations or automation tools to send the emails, verify that they are configured correctly and not inadvertently causing duplicates.

4. Test with Different Email Addresses: Try sending test emails to different email addresses to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is specific to certain email addresses or if it's a broader issue.

Read more click here

Badge

Hi @danika.ft.art!

This topic is actually addressed in another thread, here:

Best,

Brian

Thanks @Brian Turcotte :) I did see that thread before I posted, but it didn’t answer my question.

Because I’m just sending test emails, there’s no possibility of multiple email address sign-ups for the same person using one mail provider. I’ve just manually entered two email addresses (mine and my partner’s) and both of us got the email twice.

For the same reason, the problem also can’t be that I’m using identifiers other than the email address. I’m not -I’m manually typing in each email address.

I’d be very interested in any other thoughts you might have, and really appreciate you taking the time to read my post!

Danika :)

Badge +1

@danika.ft.art , did you try a 2nd time? Could have just been a glitch.