Solved

When creating a campaign based on a segment, what state of the segment will be used?

• 10 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

If I create a campaign based on a segment and schedule it for the next day, will the campaign use the state of the segment at the moment of campaign creation, or at the moment of sending the campaign? Based on the segment definition, some users might be added into the segment, some might leave it in the meantime, so how does it work?

And what if I change the definition of the segment after scheduling the campaign but before it was sent?

icon

Best answer by annasophiefc 10 April 2024, 15:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi there @piotrekw 

Thank you for posting your question here in the community!

Under account settings you can setup up a default for your campaigns. This might cause a sligt delay, as it runs through the segment before sending. You can also choose this option on a campaign basis while scheduling your campaign.

You can read more in this article: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050216012

I hope this helps,

Kind regards, 

Anna Sophie

Badge +2

Hi @annasophiefc , thanks for the answer, it really helped.

Maybe you could also help me with a related query - if I use the “scheduled time” setting, is there a way to get the list of the users the campaign will use? If a campaign was schedules as some point and wasn’t sent yet, can I get the content of the segment that was calculated at the time of scheduling, using Klaviyo UI or API?

Best Regards

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @piotrekw 

Just to be sure, you would like to view the segment as per 1: when you schedule the campaign and 2: the segment, that the e-mail was sent to on ‘send time’ right?

And do you want to see the full segment or just be able to analyze the numbers?

Badge +2

Hi @annasophiefc 

I’m more interested in 1: what the segment was when the campaign was scheduled. I’d like to be able to check it before the campaign is sent, in a scenario when the campaign is schedule eg. one day ahead. If it’s impossible to get the content of the segment, the numbers would also be good.