Skip to main content
Solved

Where did the Save button go??

I just lost an hour’s worth of work on my latest email campaign because the save button is gone from the top of the template editor. I didn’t want to save the email as a template so I clicked the Exit button thinking I might be prompted to save. All I got was the standard browser pop-up asking if I wanted to leave the page without saving my changes. I chose “Stay on page” three times (the pop-up appeared three times in a row) but the page exited and refreshed itself anyway without saving anything I had just done.

Klaviyo obviously didn’t save the content in the background so why is the save button gone?? How am I supposed to save my work and prevent this from happening again?

14 replies

Badge

I should also mention that the message saying “Saved X minutes ago” is also no longer displayed at the top of the page so I have no way to know whether/when anything got saved. Clicking “Preview & test” presents the same problems as clicking the Exit button. Saving your work seems like the most basic feature of any editor. I’m incredibly frustrated (and extremely surprised) that it’s gone.

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Hello @maydel  I can understand your frustration. My assumption is that in your case the Klaviyo session expired and that why the automatic saving didn’t work and the last saved wasn’t shown.

If that happens again, You can manually save your changes by saving the email as a template, you can find this option by clicking on manage template button.

Badge

I wish it were that simple but that’s not what happened in this case. There’s no save button or autosave message even after a brand new login. See screenshot below:

When a session does expire mid-edit I’m always prompted to log in to Klaviyo in a new tab/window in order to keep working. I’d just logged in an hour before so that wasn’t the problem here.

I kind of can’t believe that creating a new template every few minutes is the only way to save my progress. Is that really the only solution—build up a huge pile of useless files as “templates” or lose all my work on every campaign? That can’t possibly be right...can it?

Badge

I’ve had this same problem today. I do still have the ‘saved x minutes ago’ feature but that doesn’t help when it tells me it was saved 15 minutes ago so leaving will clearly mean lost work. Trapped in a loop - can’t save, can’t exit, can’t go anywhere. 

It’s clearly a bug - the leave/cancel pop up just keeps popping up and no auto-save happening. In fact, I just got kicked off this page and back to my other window where the pop up was back!

Be good to get an answer on this.

Badge

Also, clicking ‘done’ doesn’t always save, as I’ve literally just done this and then gone back in to edit and the change I saved hasn’t been saved.

A ‘save and exit’ button would be a lot simpler and more reliable for the user.

Experiencing these same problems: no option to save; attempts to exit a content block provoke multiple pop-ups warning that changes will be lost.

Badge

I was having the same problem with exiting a content block prompting pop-ups about leaving the page, but it seems to be functioning properly now. If I click in the gray space just outside the email content it saves my changes and the “Last saved” message appears. Maybe they fixed whatever this was? I still think it was foolish to remove the save button.

Badge +6

Hi  @maydel ,

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration you've experienced with the template editor. Losing an hour's worth of work is never fun. While Klaviyo’s auto-save feature typically helps prevent such scenarios, it seems there was an issue in this instance. Here’s a step-by-step approach to address your concerns and prevent future occurrences:

1. Check for Auto-Save: Klaviyo generally auto-saves your progress. However, if the save button is missing, it may indicate a temporary glitch. Ensure your browser is updated and try clearing the cache. Sometimes, a quick refresh of the page might help restore the missing save button.

2. Manual Save: If the auto-save isn't functioning, and you can't find the save button, consider copying your content periodically into a text document. This way, you have a backup in case of any mishaps.

3. Avoid Exit without Saving: To prevent data loss, avoid clicking the "Exit" button without confirming your changes are saved. Instead, navigate to another part of Klaviyo and come back to the editor to ensure your work is intact.

In the meantime, here's a quick solution to recover some of your lost work:

• Browser History: Sometimes, you can recover your work by checking your browser history. Use the "back" button to see if the content you typed reappears.

For now, make it a habit to periodically copy your email content to a notepad or text editor until the save button issue is resolved. This ensures you have a backup and won't lose significant progress.

I hope this helps, and you can get back to creating your amazing email campaigns without further interruptions.

Badge +6

Hi @EmmaBySea ,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues. It does sound incredibly frustrating. The problem you’re describing appears to be a bug that needs immediate attention. Here are a few suggestions to address this and a potential workaround:

1. Immediate Workarounds:

• Periodic Copying: While working on your email campaign, periodically copy your content to a text document. This ensures you have a backup if the auto-save feature fails.
    • Manual Refresh: Sometimes, manually refreshing the browser page after copying your work to a text editor can help reset the editor without losing your progress.
  2. Feature Request:

• Save and Exit Button: Your suggestion for a "Save and Exit" button is excellent. This would indeed be more reliable for users. You can submit this as a feature request to Klaviyo. They often consider user feedback for future updates.
  3. Browser and System Check:

• Update Browser: Ensure your browser is up to date.
    • Clear Cache: Sometimes, clearing your browser cache can resolve issues with web applications.
    • Try a Different Browser: If possible, try accessing Klaviyo on a different browser to see if the problem persists. This can help determine if the issue is browser-specific.
  4. Alternative Saving Methods:

• Clone and Save: Instead of clicking "Done," try cloning your email campaign at different stages. This way, you create multiple saved versions you can revert to if needed.

By following these steps, you can mitigate the risk of losing your work while Klaviyo works on a fix. It’s vital to have these issues addressed promptly to ensure a smooth user experience.

I hope this helps.

Badge +6

Hi @kalnyc ,

I understand how frustrating it is to face these issues, especially when working on important email campaigns. Here’s a structured approach to address this problem and a potential workaround to help you continue your work without interruptions:

1. Workaround Solutions:

• Copy and Save Regularly: Until the issue is resolved, regularly copy your content to a text document. This ensures you have a backup in case of any mishaps.

• Manual Refresh: If you get stuck in a loop of pop-ups, try refreshing your browser manually after copying your content. This can sometimes reset the editor without losing your progress.

• Clone and Save: Consider cloning your email campaign at different stages. This creates multiple saved versions that you can revert to if needed.

2. Browser and System Check:

• Update Browser: Ensure your browser is up to date.

• Clear Cache: Clear your browser cache, as this can sometimes resolve issues with web applications.

• Try Different Browser: Access Klaviyo on a different browser to see if the problem persists. This can help determine if the issue is browser-specific.

3. Feature Request:

• Save and Exit Button: Your suggestion for a "Save and Exit" button is excellent. This would indeed be more reliable for users. You can submit this as a feature request to Klaviyo. They often consider user feedback for future updates.
  4. Immediate Steps to Mitigate the Issue:

• Exit without Losing Work: To avoid losing work when you can't save, try navigating to another part of Klaviyo (e.g., the Dashboard) and then returning to the editor. This can sometimes prompt an auto-save.

• Browser History: Use your browser history to navigate back to previous versions of your work. This can sometimes help recover lost content.

By following these steps, you can mitigate the risk of losing your work while Klaviyo works on a fix. It’s essential to have these issues addressed promptly to ensure a smooth user experience.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for these suggestions. Klaviyo tells me this was a known issue which has been addressed. I have not yet had a chance to investigate for myself, but I will do so shortly.

Badge

I’m having the same issue. 2 different browsers.

The suggestion to copy the content to a text browser is very unsatisfying. Many of the edits include styling, layout adjustments etc.

Hope you guys can get this fixed soon!

Badge

Thanks for these suggestions. Klaviyo tells me this was a known issue which has been addressed. I have not yet had a chance to investigate for myself, but I will do so shortly.

Hate to break it to you but it has not been addressed!

Klaviyo has been working consistently for me today. Which may not be very satisfying to hear if you’re still struggling. I can appreciate the styling and layout frustrations: they were a big part of my battle yesterday.