Solved

Why is a profile going through my 'Add to Cart' flow multiple times in a row?

• 17 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I have had a chronic issue with duplicate data in an “Add to Cart Flow”. As seen in the attached graphic, analytics is reporting multiple delivers and opens for single customers.  Interestingly these same customers are frequently in the ‘failed flow’ metric.  Is this a flow construction issue, an issue with analytics, or simply my lack of understanding on how to read the data?

icon

Best answer by Spark Bridge Digital LLC 17 May 2023, 21:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Hey there!

If I’m understanding correctly - it’ll be a flow filter that is missing.

You’ll want to add in ‘Has not been in this flow in X days’. That’ll keep those contacts from re-entering multiple times! The main thing with the Add to Cart event is that it is triggering every single button click they do when adding to cart. So if a customer added six items, it’ll fire off six times, and they’ll enter into the flow six times! 

So having that flow filter in your flow will help to only have it trigger the first time they Add to Cart within the timeframe you set. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Squamishpoacher

Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

@Spark Bridge Digital LLC shared an insightful point about why one profile might go through a metric triggered flows multiple times! Since certain metrics, like added to cart, can happen multiple times in one browsing session, there are additional flow filters you need to add  to prevent a customer going through a particular flow too much for the optimal customer experience. You can learn more about this on our awesome help center documentation on the subject. 

Thanks for partipcating in the Community!

-Taylor

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

The “Has not been in this flow in X days” refinement makes perfect and accounts for the duplicate data.  I will add the filter and see if it cleans up the data.  Fortunately, other filters seems to be blocking the sending of multiple emails.  Thanks all for their input.