Solved

Post purchase email with line items on what they ordered

• 7 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

I received an order update email from a company I ordered from, which looked almost like an order (or packing slip) in which they updated me on the shipping at every stage in the game. I liked that. They are using Shopify, so I guess it’s native to the program. I’m using WooCommerce, and there’s nothing similar.

I do have a connection to Aftership which keeps updating the orders, and I pass that on as a message to the customer. But it’s a very bland message, and I’d like to keep reminding them what they ordered.

In another post, I noticed how someone is using the Placed Order event and then filtering by a flow where AfterShip is out for delivery (or a similar) so I can know when to send the email.

But how would I get the products ordered onto the email?

Can anyone please help me how to create a flow for this?

Thanks!

Mendy

icon

Best answer by Dov 8 April 2021, 22:06

Hi @homebuilders,

Thank you for sharing this with the Klaviyo Community.

You can view all variables associated with any given event, for example the item name for the Placed Order eventby previewing a flow email in a flow triggered off of that event.

Once in the email template editor, click Preview on the left-hand side.

This preview window will show all of the data available for that particular event metric that can be populated in the flow email.

image10.gif

From here, click on any given item in the preview i.e. Item Name. That will pull in a tag, i.e. {{ event.items.0 }}. You would use the tag associated with this variable in your email to dynamically populate that variable for each individual receiving this flow email. This is known as using event variables to personalize flow emails. For more detail on this topic, we have a great help center article here.

Thanks, and have a great day.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @homebuilders,

Thank you for sharing this with the Klaviyo Community.

You can view all variables associated with any given event, for example the item name for the Placed Order eventby previewing a flow email in a flow triggered off of that event.

Once in the email template editor, click Preview on the left-hand side.

This preview window will show all of the data available for that particular event metric that can be populated in the flow email.

image10.gif

From here, click on any given item in the preview i.e. Item Name. That will pull in a tag, i.e. {{ event.items.0 }}. You would use the tag associated with this variable in your email to dynamically populate that variable for each individual receiving this flow email. This is known as using event variables to personalize flow emails. For more detail on this topic, we have a great help center article here.

Thanks, and have a great day.