Solved

Cut and paste issue

• 15 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Why can I no longer cut and paste into Klaviyo template? I have been using this basic template for years yet suddenly I can no longer cut and paste into it.

icon

Best answer by David To 19 July 2021, 15:47

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @De Negoce,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

This does seem like an odd behavior. Can you confirm if you were cutting and pasting by using the CTR + X and the CTRL + V short-keys after highlighting your text to cut and paste? If you were using a Mac, this would be the Command + X and Command + V short-keys. 

Out of my own curiosity, I’ve tested this within my own test account and the cut and paste function is working without any issues. I would suggest double checking on your key binding settings to see if they were inadvertently updated recently. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

HI David - correct, ctrl x and ctrl v do not work for me either. I managed to get the “paste” icon to work once or twice (it is usually grayed out and only allows me to acces the paste icon when I save the copy and return) and when the window pops up to past into there is a note at the top that says the following:

Because of your browser security settings, the editor is not able to access your clipboard data directly. You are required to paste it again in this window.
Please paste inside the following box using the keyboard (Ctrl/Cmd+V) and hit OK
Badge +2

I use Mozilla...any idea what setting it could be?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @De Negoce,

This does seem like odd behavior. As the error message indicates, I would suspect this is isolated to your browser either being outdated or if you happen to have any additional securities on your computer or browser put in place by your IT team if you were working on a company device. I would suggest first updating your browser and review if there were any extensions or additional softwares that may be preventing this function. Second, I would recommend reaching out to your IT team to investigate the issue further. 

From my experience, Klaviyo also works best when used in a Google Chrome browser, so that would be another alternative solution in the interim. 

Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community!

David

Badge +1

I’m having exactly the same issue, i use firefox, which is up to date. Can suddenly no longer cut and paste.  It’s very annoying!

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @AIreland,

Thanks for this update and thank you @david.to for your reply.

First, I’d recommend checking out Mozilla Firefox’s support page to investigate solutions specific to that browser. I have a linked a solution for copy/paste that may also be worth trying for issues with cut/paste.

Alternatively, you can try copying Control (Ctrl) + C and pasting Control (CTRL) + V for windows (or replace Control with Command for mac).

Additionally, if you write your copy outside of the Klaviyo editor (for example, in Google Docs or Microsoft Word) make sure to use the Paste as Plain Text option when pasting your text into the editor.

Paste_as_plain_text.png

If you don’t use this option, certain style tags will be pasted in along with the text, which can cause design issues.

I’m having this same issue on Edge.