Solved

Differentiate the email sent based on the subscription order to a list

• 14 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello, 

I’ve prepared a promotion campaign where the first 50 subscribers will receive a coupon code, the second 50 subscribers will receive a different coupon and the rest a different one. Is there any way to set this in an automated flow in Klaviyo?

Maybe, a conditional formula in the template or a trigger within the flow?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Irrra 14 February 2023, 15:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Mitor Digital!
Happy to assist!

Yes, you can set up an automated flow in Klaviyo that assigns different coupon codes to subscribers based on their position in the subscriber list. Here's how you can do it:

1. Create a list in Klaviyo that includes all the subscribers who will be eligible for the promotion.

2. Set up a segment in Klaviyo that includes the first 50 subscribers, the second 50 subscribers, and the rest of the subscribers. You can use a conditional formula in the segment definition to assign subscribers to each group based on their position in the list. For example:
    If Subscriber Count <= 50, then Group A

If Subscriber Count > 50 and Subscriber Count <= 100, then Group B

If Subscriber Count > 100, then Group C

3. Create three separate coupon codes in your e-commerce platform or coupon management system, one for each group of subscribers.

4. Set up an automated flow in Klaviyo that sends an email to subscribers in each group with their respective coupon code. You can use a different email template for each group or customize the content of the email based on the coupon code being assigned.

5. By using a combination of segments, coupon codes, and an automated flow with triggers, you can automate the process of assigning different coupon codes to different groups of subscribers in Klaviyo.

6. Use a trigger in the flow to send the email as soon as a subscriber joins the eligible list. You can set up the trigger to fire when a subscriber is added to the list or when a certain tag or custom property is applied to their profile.

7. Test the flow to make sure that subscribers are being assigned the correct coupon codes based on their position in the list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@Irrra - I didn’t know that the Subscriber Count was a Klaviyo Property - so it was curious to me. Is this a new value that is part of Klaviyo or are you adding the Subscriber Count number somewhere in the process as a Custom Property?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @retention!
I'm glad you found something new in my reply =)

In general, Klaviyo does provide subscriber count as a built-in metric that you can access within the platform.

When you connect your email list to Klaviyo, the platform automatically tracks the number of subscribers you have. You can find this information on the main dashboard when you log into Klaviyo. Additionally, you can create custom reports and segments based on this subscriber count, allowing you to better understand and analyze your audience.

It's worth noting that the subscriber count can fluctuate over time as people subscribe and unsubscribe from your email list. However, Klaviyo's tracking should reflect these changes in real time.

Is that what you meant?)

Badge +1

Hello @Irrra , 

Thank you for detailed reponse. I’ve tried to set up the flow but I haven’t found the way to set a conditional formula in the segment definition, can you help me here, please?

Thank you