Solved

Dynamic Block using Coupons

• 7 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’m trying to create a template with a dynamic block based on the status of the coupon.

For example welcome coupon:

If the welcome coupon is still active, I have to show a content block contains the active coupon code

If the welcome coupon is not active/used/expired, I have to show a content block contains another promo.

Is this possible? I’m working on this on email template and not in flows.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 8 December 2023, 22:37

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @jadedarriel08,

Welcome to the Community, happy to help!

You can definitely accomplish this in your welcome flow! It should be noted that accomplishing your goal would be best in a flow as you will want to send automated messages depending on whether or not a user has taken a specific action, ie. used the welcome discount after joining your list and going through your welcome I presume. 

Depending on whether your coupon is static or dynamic  here’s some steps to take on how to accomplish this:

1. If your coupon is static: You can add a conditional split in your welcome flow with the conditions below in this screenshot. Essentially a user will move through the flow and when they reach the conditional split, you can personalize which email a user will receive based on what actions they have or haven’t taken. If they haven’t placed a purchase with the discount code, you can create a reminder email to use the code for the ‘NO’. If they have, you can thank them for their purchase and show them other products they might be interested in on the ‘YES’ path.

I’d recommend checking out this similar thread in the Community to gain more insight.

1. If your coupon is dynamic:  If you use a dynamic code, you would not be able to filter by “contains” as seen in the example above. However, you could still use a conditional split with the condition of whether or not the user has placed an order since being in the flow as it is most likely that if they have placed an order since starting this flow, they will have used the dynamic coupon. 

This thread would be helpful as well!

Finally, make sure to check out these additional resources to build your Klaviyo knowledge! 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor