Solved

Dynamic coupon expiration

• 30 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi all! I’ve checked the related topics, but I have a question about dynamic coupon expiration. 

I want the coupon to expire 7 days after the recipient receives it, not 7 days from activation. Is that the way dynamic coupons work? I assumed so, but when I look in Shopify, the dynamic coupons are expired even though no one has used them since my flows aren’t live yet. Thank you!

glowmenopause.com

icon

Best answer by mirandainsideandout 30 May 2023, 17:22

View original

1 reply

Hey AmeyM — great question.

Yes, the way you’d like Dynamic Coupons to work is the way that they do. When you insert the correct coupon syntax into your Flow emails, the coupon sent within the email will have a 7-day expiration from the send date of the email.

The coupons you’re seeing in your Shopify Admin expired 7 days after the date listed in the coupon name (5/6 and 5/7 respectively). The Shopify/Klaviyo integration will generate codes in batches of 100 as emails are sent, which explains the “100 codes” column seen in your screenshot. These codes may have been generated if you sent yourself a Preview email. When you set your Flow Live, you will see coupons continue to generate in batches of 100 and each code sent to your customers will expire 7 days after they receive it. 

Great job with this— and good luck with everything! Let me know if you have any more questions 😊