Solved

Dynamic Tags For Product Review

• 24 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I’m making a review invitation email in HTML .

I want to custom code a  write a review” button.

What is the dynamic tag that generates the URL to the product’s klaviyo review submission page? I would prefer this to a simple anchor point address that directs users to the product page review widget.

I have also included 

• Name of Customer {{ event.extra.customer.first_name|default:'' }}
  • Name of product  {{ event.Items.0|default:'' }}
  • Product variant {{ event.extra.line_items.0.product.variant.options.Volume|default:'' }}
  • Like to product {{ organization.url|trim_slash }}/products/{{ item.product.handle }}

I hope these are correct at least!

I understand that only one item will be included in the review invitation even if the order was a multi item purchase. I am using a shopify integration.

icon

Best answer by retention 24 April 2024, 21:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @arthur_a , welcome to the community!

I assume you’re referencing a Flow triggered by “Ready to review” event.  There should be a variable that generates a custom link to the review interface for the customer to submit a review.

{{ event.review_link }}

You can reference this guide for all the data in that event:

For future reference, if you do a “Preview Email” you should see a list of all the event variables that are available to your template for the Flow.

Here’s an example of what I mean in the “Drag and Drop Editor” version:

Also in the HTML Template Editor too:

Hope that helps!

Badge

To generate a dynamic "write a review" button in your review invitation email, you'll need to construct a URL that directs customers to the review submission page for the specific product they purchased. Since you're using Klaviyo and Shopify integration, you can use dynamic tags to generate this URL.

Assuming you have access to the product handle or product ID in your email template, you can construct the URL like this:

htmlCopy code

<a href="{{ organization.url }}/products/{{ event.Items.0.handle }}/reviews">Write a Review</a>

In this URL:

• {{ organization.url }} should be replaced with the base URL of your Shopify store.
  • {{ event.Items.0.handle }} represents the handle (or ID) of the product for which you want to generate the review submission page URL.
  • /reviews is appended to the URL to direct users to the review submission page for that specific product.

Make sure to test the generated URLs to ensure they are functioning correctly and directing users to the desired review submission page.

Your other dynamic tags for customer name, product name, and product variant look correct based on the variables you've provided. Just make sure to test them in your email template to ensure they are populating with the correct values. See more

Badge

Great, thanks @retention, this is is what I was looking for!