"Full-width on mobile" is still not working properly in the new email editor

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi everyone,

This is in regards to an older post that was closed a couple of months ago as “solved”. However, we’re still having issues with this full-width on mobile feature. Has it actually been implemented, or was the topic closed prematurely?

@Taylor Tarpley FYI

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Doubleo and welcome back to the Community!

I just checked with our Product team and they are definitely aware of this feature request, however the implementation has yet to be accomplished.

I definitely agree that this is an important feature, so I will make sure to follow up with the team and this thread when there’s an update.

Thanks for being a Community member!

-Brian

Badge +1

Any update on this?

Despite no padding on my email and ‘full width on mobile’ selected - there is STILL padding around my emails…?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @JBK2023 

Thank you so much for reaching out on this. Are you using the classic or new editor for your templates? This might be happening because of a media query adding of left and right padding for mobile only. This is expected behavior since this was the legacy behavior in the classic editor. There is an open engineering ticket to see if we can change this behavior in the future, once we fully transition to the new editor. 

In the meantime, I'd suggest matching the background-color with the image color. I am checking with the team if there is any other viable workaround. I am also sending your feedback to the product team to help get this implemented. I will update this thread as soon as there is any new information! Thanks for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge +1

Thank you for your response! I'm currently using the new editor for my templates.

I'm glad to hear that the product team is aware of the issue and is actively working to find a solution for it. While I do have some confusion about why it's taking a bit longer to address what seems to be a basic issue (as you mentioned it's likely a media query), I'm optimistic that a solution will be found soon.

The suggestion to match the background-color with the image color is helpful, and I look forward to hearing if there are any other potential workarounds that the team might suggest.

Thank you for sending my feedback to the product team, and I appreciate your commitment to keeping the Klaviyo community updated on any new information.

PS: I wanted to suggest a feature that could be really helpful for developers or more advanced users. Allowing access to the source code would enable us to fix issues like this in just a few minutes. As a developer myself, I know how much time and frustration it can save when we have that kind of control. Thanks for considering this suggestion!

After making such an effort to create beautiful emails that convert they look sloppy as they all list to the right? Matching the background colour doesn’t fix it entirely it’s shocking that this is a known issue THAT IS NOT FIXED? I’m sorry but this is a very expensive platform and this is a huge issue. 80% of my customers are on mobile…?

Badge +1

@Glossy Boys Fully agreed.  

+1 on this -- this is a silly + painful bug and it looks like it’s been known about for more than a year. Please fix! 

Badge +1

This is an absolute joke, 99% of my customers are on mobile and my designs don’t display as intended.

Badge +1

For $4576.00 per month, Im beginning to question whether this is worth it.

For $4576.00 per month, Im beginning to question whether this is worth it.

👀😅

Hi team

Has this been fixed? I am new to the platform and finding all my mobile optimised format emails are sitting to the left hand side on mobile. Please assist?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi all,

@KatKurek I would investigate the stylings of your blocks to ensure that the padding in your all your blocks is set to 0 and clear any inline styling that might be present in your template. This thread would be helpful!

Additionally, to you all, thank you for sharing your feedback on this feature. As mentioned, if you have already set your margins as well as your paddings to 0, and are still experiencing this, I have submit additional feature requests on your behalf!

I am meeting with the tempalte team this week to receive more insight into this and will share more soon. 

-Taylor

Thank you @Taylor Tarpley. Setting all margins to 0 was my first measure. I am still experiencing issues. It appears with Apple phone only, android looks fine.

Badge +1

How after over a year has this still not been fixed?

As mentioned in the original post linked in the first post here, the text boxes have an extra 18px padding added to the text on mobile from seemingly nowhere.

This means when using the ‘full width on mobile’ option we can never have a text box and button align properly.
As stated by most people, over 80% of traffic is via mobile, so what, where just supposed to have unaligned content for the majority of our customers?

For the price everyone is paying for this app it’s not acceptable for something so simple to still not have been fixed after 16 months.

May I ask if this feature has been fixed?

I am still encountering this issue that seems to have been reported previously, about a year ago. 

The problem involves extra padding in mobile view that isn't removed even when full width is enabled, affecting both text and images but not buttons.

This issue was discussed in the following thread: https://community.klaviyo.com/email-templates-and-coupons-32/full-width-on-mobile-in-text-box-not-deleting-extra-padding-on-mobile-view-4607.

Despite enabling the full-width option on mobile, the issue persists, as shown in the attached image. 

I am curious to know if there has been any resolution or workaround provided since it was first raised.

Hello all, 

I just spent over an hour sending a million test messages trying to work out what i was doing wrong / why the ‘full width on mobile’ toggle makes no difference and my mobile formatting is all ugly and wiggly. Then i found the queries on here from over a year ago, and this more recent chain… and am really disappointed that the issue still seems to be unresolved and that nothing has been done about it. [But at least a bit nice to establish the answer: it’s not me, it’s you, Klaviyo!] 

I can confirm that this frustrating issue is still happening. @Taylor Tarpley is there any hope of a fix for this?