Solved

How can I bypass Klaviyo's "disallowed attribute" error?

• 5 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Currently, I have a code-based email template setup with the following snippet of code in it:

<form action=”...”>...</form>

However, it seems that Klaviyo blocks the <form> element from having the action attribute:

It will strip this out when I attempt to hit save.

However, action is a valid attribute on this element. Many popular email clients, including Apple Mail, support functional forms, and my client is currently using forms to collect customer feedback data. I would like to be able to insert the action attribute and bypass Klaviyo’s built-in checks.

How can I do this?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 9 April 2024, 23:09

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @C3654EF3

Thanks for sharing your question with us!

I can see that you have already reached out to a member of our email support team for insight and have heard back. However I’d love to share your findings here as well as I agree that this is a great question that would benefit others in the Community! 

At this time, it is expected behavior that we remove certain styling or code snippets as this is our current HTML packaging system. You shared that you’ve seen a partner, Zaymo, add in these tags and have them not stripped. As their coding is entirely separate, we’d suggest reaching out to their team for assistance with constructing such an email! 

However, as the original purpose of this tag is to ask customers for information via a form, you could additionally attach a form’s URL to a a button or picture that will lead them to a form to capture this information as well. I can understand that this might not be the experience you want, but could be a good alternative if you run into issues with formatting later!

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor