Solved

How can I preview a Template with a Custom Property?

• 4 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Profiles have a custom property and the template uses it. How can I make sure it’s being used correctly before releasing the template into production?

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 4 November 2022, 07:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@blissy 

In the preview and test section you have this option Search for a Profile. 

So all you need to do is find a profile that has that property and pick it and then in the preview on the left side you should be able if the property is showing correctly or not

Badge +4

@blissy

In the preview and test section you have this option Search for a Profile. 

So all you need to do is find a profile that has that property and pick it and then in the preview on the left side you should be able if the property is showing correctly or not

Nope, @Bobi N. not seeing this. This is all I’m seeing. Note, that I’m seeing this under the Template preview. Maybe you’re looking somewhere else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@blissy 

I see.. this is because you used the old editor to create the template and the email you are checking is just a template email.

Well for the old editor you will need to put this template in some flow anyone that you have just add additional message and add this template. It can be in draft and you can remove it later but this will allow you to test properly. So once added in flow go in that email to edit it.. and then inside the edit option of an flow you will be able to pick an subscriber email (this should be the one with property you want to check) and then below you can add your email and pick the option Send as an email.

Badge +4

@blissy

I see.. this is because you used the old editor to create the template and the email you are checking is just a template email.

Well for the old editor you will need to put this template in some flow anyone that you have just add additional message and add this template. It can be in draft and you can remove it later but this will allow you to test properly. So once added in flow go in that email to edit it.. and then inside the edit option of an flow you will be able to pick an subscriber email (this should be the one with property you want to check) and then below you can add your email and pick the option Send as an email.

But in the new editor, I can do this in templates?

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@blissy 

Yes in new template editor you have the option to choose who do you want to test this as before sending the email to yourself even from templates..