Solved

Images not displaying

• 5 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi, every time I send an email it will never download the images in both Outlook and Gmail. I never have this issue on any emails I receive, even ones from other Klaviyo accounts. How do you fix this

icon

Best answer by chloe.strange 8 May 2023, 19:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @Suzie Gin,

Thanks for being a part of our community! I’m sorry you’re experiencing this issue, excited to tackle this with you!

I wanted to confirm, what happens when you click on the link to display the images? Have you noticed this sort of link on both Outlook and Gmail?

~Chloe

Badge

Yes, when I click on it, it displays the message. Sorry unsure how it looks on Outlook. Was just told it happened on Outlook to someone

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @Suzie Gin

Thanks for the update! That would be expected behavior with the ESP (Email Service Provider) so unfortunately there isn’t any action that could be taken on our end to mitigate this. 

With that said, for Gmail, I found this Gmail help article here to turn on 'always show images' so you will not have to manually do it.

I would recommend adding alt-text for all images, incase a viewer does not have this setting on, so they can have context of what the image is. More information on images within Klaviyo can be found here.

However as you have mentioned that you are getting emails where you don't have to click on this, it is good to know that Gmail will automatically hide images if they do not know the sender's reputation. Continue best practices and over time this does improve. Here's our guide on best practices that we recommend following: Best Practices for Hitting the Inbox. I hope this helps!

~Chloe