Solved

Klaviyo editor painfully slow, constant crashing, am I missing something?

• 6 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Klaviyo has always been somewhat slow, clunky and painful to use but today it’s unbearable, I’ve had to walk away from the computer several times before I forced to launch it out of the window.

I’m trying to do the simplest task of adding links to a selection of static images in a table and every time I come back to the editor (from another tab where I’m retrieving the links) it either completely freezes, crashes the browser, or is so slow I don’t know what it will do next.

I’ve cleared my caches, tried another browser, toggled content blockers, the works. Still the same.

Am I missing something?

I need Klaviyo for work and right I’m wasting time troubleshooting instead of actually working.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 6 February 2024, 19:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Gavin

Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

Great troubleshooting so far! Since our new editor is more powerful and supports more features, it inherently requires a larger caching space, which is why we recommend clearing it when things get slower. Have you also tried the following steps as well:

I have also seen other customers work alongside their internal IT/network administrators as slowness could be due to a corporate VPN, extensions and/or anti-viral software. Various companies can customize their network and VPN permissions to circumvent this issue.

Hope these ideas help!

-Taylor 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello @Gavin  if the solution shared by @Taylor Tarpley does not work then either use Google or Cloudflare’s DNS to speed up your internet connection.

How to use Google DNS: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using
How to use Cloudflare DNS: https://developers.cloudflare.com/1.1.1.1/setup/windows/

Badge +1

Are there any other solutions? I recently had to change from Chrome to Safari for work and the klaviyo editor is basically unusable, i’ve tried all the suggestions i’ve found int he forum but nothing works. When i open it up in Chrome it works fine. I’ve checked my internet speed etc and all is fine.

Can someone at Klaviyo look into this, it seems crazy so many people are finding it unbearable in Safari which is a pretty major browser for a lot of people

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @FergusW

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I am sharing this feedback with the team. 

It could be possible that extensions and/or anti-viral softwares maybe the issue. In my experience, some extensions and software will still run across multiple browsers and in incognito mode! Additionally, network blockers could contribute too.

If any of these might be the issue, I’d suggest working with your IT team to see if there’s a workaround, as mentioned in this similar thread.

-Taylor