Seeking Solutions for Font and Email Clipping Issues on Klaviyo Platform

• 6 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I hope this message finds you well. My name is shubham belwal, and I'm reaching out on behalf of our team to seek assistance regarding two significant challenges we are facing with email marketing on the Klaviyo platform.

Our team has been grappling with two primary issues:

1. Font Customization Problem: We're having trouble using custom fonts typefaces in our Klaviyo emails. We want these fonts to look the same on all devices and operating systems, no matter what browser people are using. Can anyone help us make this happen? We're keen to understand if there are any recommended approaches or best practices within Klaviyo or if there are specific strategies that the community has employed successfully to address this issue.

2. Email Clipping: Another significant challenge we've encountered is email clipping. This issue occurs when portions of our emails are cut off or truncated, particularly when viewed on certain email clients or devices. We've investigated potential causes, including excessive code or improper formatting, but haven't been able to resolve it satisfactorily. We're eager to learn if there are techniques or optimizations within Klaviyo that can help mitigate or prevent email clipping, or if there are specific coding solutions that others have found effective in addressing this concern.

We've recently explored alternatives such as Freshmarketer, but are now turning to the Klaviyo community for guidance and insights. Any advice, recommendations, or shared experiences would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message, and we eagerly await your responses and suggestions.

Best regards,
shubham

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Hey there! Here are my thoughts on these call-outs:

Font Customization Problem: This is something beyond Klaviyo as a platform and is more of an inbox issue. Inboxes like Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook - etc - They ALL have their own rules on what fonts they consider inbox safe.

This helps to list out what is an inbox-safe font: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405396468379

In some cases, I use brand fonts in graphics/images to help with branding but all HTML text is going to be subject to reverting to a fall-back font.

Email Clipping: Once solution is viewing how many Sections you have applied. That can eat up a lot of the clipping allotment, so try to condense it all into as little of sections as possible. Also cross-check that if you pasted in your text to the message, to ensure that the code from apps, like Figma, didn’t carry over. That can take up a lot of code as well. 

Badge +1

hi @Spark Bridge Digital LLC , in klaviyo can we host typefaces on a server and override the fallback font necessity on an OS?

hi @Spark Bridge Digital LLC , in klaviyo can we host typefaces on a server and override the fallback font necessity on an OS?

Yes, in Klaviyo, you can host typefaces on a server to override the need for fallback fonts on an operating system.