Solved

Trouble with email design/Padding.

• 6 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I need some help with my email design. When sending my test emails to myself and another teammate the email looks different. I have removed the padding for top/bottom on both the image area and the block. When I sent the preview my email looks exactly how I wanted it to look, without padding, however, my teammates showed up in her inbox with padding? Anybody know what I could be doing wrong here? 

Padding showing between images on hers:

No Padding showing between images on mine:

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 12 February 2024, 20:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello @ADeStefano I believe you both are using different email clients to check. Emails renders differently on different platforms. You will have to write special code to tackle this.

Badge +3

Thanks for the feedback. After further testing it looks like all providers are receiving the email correctly but once they respond to the email it then looks differently in the reply. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @ADeStefano

Are you viewing these emails on Outlook? I have seen this issue happen to users who reply specifically to emails on Outlook.

Unfortunately, because Outlook uses Microsoft Word to render HTML/CSS there will be styling issues such as the one you are experiencing. As this in an inbox, instead of a Klaviyo, related issue, we won’t be able to troubleshoot the issue further. I’d suggest using email preview services like Litmus or Email on Acid to see what your emails would look like on different platforms!

Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Badge +3

Thanks Taylor- It is Outlook so this might be the issue. Thank you for the suggestions.