Solved

Abandoned Checkout - Empy fields with third party checkout on WooCommerce

• 2 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

Hello,
I’m using Klaviyo on WooCommerce and on my store I’m using a third party checkout (CartFlows).

Previously I was using Abandoned Cart Recovery for WooCommerce (same creators of CartFlows) and everything was working as expected, but I moved to Klaviyo for different reasons.

I correctly rebuilt the cart url to bring back customers, but when they reach the checkout all fields are empty.

I tried to trigger the flow with different emails and in different ways, but I always got the same issue.

I know Klaviyo has problem with third party checkout, but I think there’s a way to take advantage of Abandoned Cart Recovery plugin to do this.

Abandoned Cart Recovery create is own token to save customer information into checkout.

Does anyone can help me step by step in passing this token to klaviyo and put it into the link? Or maybe creating an event?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 7 September 2023, 20:47

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @giosal!

I’m going to check on this with Engineering and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible!

Best,

Brian

Badge

Hi @giosal!

I’m going to check on this with Engineering and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible!

Best,

Brian

Thanks Brian, hope you can help me.

If you need further information, please let me know.

Badge

Hi @Brian Turcotte ,

do you have any news for me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @giosal!

My apologies for the delay here!

May I ask which “Abandoned Cart Recovery plugin” you are referring to? Klaviyo does not offer a native plugin that accomplishes this task, but if there are third-party plugins that do this, I’m sure the Community would love to know about it.

Klaviyo does not have a native or partner integration with CartFlows, so there is little that can be done to remedy this from Klaviyo’s side. However, it may be possible to send some information (such as customer details) via a webhook in the Abandoned CartFlow. However, this would depend on if CartFlow allows such integrations, and this would constitute a custom use that is beyond the scope of Community/Support. That said, you are always welcome to reach out to one of our wonderful Official Klaviyo Partners for extra development help, if you’re interested.

Best,

Brian

Badge

Hi @Brian Turcotte , I’m using Abandoned Cart Recovery for WooCommerce by CartFlows.

Obviously the plugin works perfectly with CartFlows since they’re made from the same company.

I asked them how can I get the token and pass it to klaviyo but they’re working on it and I can’t wait for a reply, so I’d like to know if I can do something via webhook.

Webhook is available in Abandoned Cart Recovery for WooCommerce by CartFlows, so I’ll be very happy if someone could help me use it to fix my issue.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @giosal!

My apologies for the delay here - since the central issue here is that CartFlows, a third-party plugin, is interrupting the native cart rebuild mechanism between Klaviyo and WooCommerce, this is not an issue that can be remedied from Klaviyo’s side.

Klaviyo can rebuild WooCommerce checkouts, but only through the default WooCommerce checkout process.

Any other questions related to third-party plugins would be best handled by that plugin’s support, if accessible.

Best,

Brian

Hello,
I’m using Klaviyo on WooCommerce and on my store I’m using a third party checkout (CartFlows).

Previously I was using Abandoned Cart Recovery for WooCommerce (same creators of CartFlows) and everything was working as expected, but I moved to Klaviyo for different reasons.

I correctly rebuilt the cart url to bring back customers, but when they reach the checkout all fields are empty. flounce sleeve dress

I tried to trigger the flow with different emails and in different ways, but I always got the same issue.

I know Klaviyo has problem with third party checkout, but I think there’s a way to take advantage of Abandoned Cart Recovery plugin to do this.

Abandoned Cart Recovery create is own token to save customer information into checkout.

Does anyone can help me step by step in passing this token to klaviyo and put it into the link? Or maybe creating an event?

Thanks.

After transitioning from the Abandoned Cart Recovery plugin to Klaviyo, I've experienced issues with cart data retrieval during the checkout process. Despite meticulously rebuilding the cart URL to redirect customers effectively, I find that upon reaching the CartFlows checkout, all fields appear empty. I've tried various methods to trigger the flow, experimenting with different emails and approaches.

Hello,

I correctly rebuilt the cart url to bring back customers, but when they reach the checkout all fields are empty.

I tried to trigger the flow with different emails and in different ways, but I always got the same issue hack dragon city.

Thanks.

I successfully implemented the Abandoned Cart Recovery plugin (from the same creators as CartFlows) and everything worked seamlessly. After transitioning to Klaviyo for different reasons, I've encountered an issue where, upon triggering the abandoned cart recovery flow, customers are directed back to the CartFlows checkout with all fields empty. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Samsonaylon!

I’m sorry to hear that is happening - as I mentioned above, Klaviyo does not natively support CartFlows or other third-party apps from that creator, so we don’t have any insight into what is causing the problem.

That said, I would recommend reaching out to their support for further troubleshooting.

Best,

Brian