Skip to main content

I’m developing a service for providing monthly email marketing templates. At the moment, the entire process of modifying the templates with their own brand and product information, images and links is automated. This all happens externally to Klaviyo and saves immense amounts of time.

But they still have to manually cut and paste each email into Klaviyo, manually schedule them to be sent, etc. I want to build out the final piece of the automation to allow a “publish to platform” component that would allow them to save all that time. 

Is this currently possible with Klaviyo’s backend API access or otherwise?

Thanks!

Yes, you should be able to automate this process assuming you’re fully designing the templates they want to send from Klaviyo, without any further edits and you can let them configure how they want to schedule / send these as email campaign.

You can call the  Create Template API to upload HTML email templates to Klaviyo vs. needing to have your users download / upload manually. 

Then, you can use our Create Campaign API. As part of this, you might design the subject, preview text, etc. You’ll need to call the Assign Template endpoint to assign the email HTML template to the message of this campaign. The last step is to send the campaign using this endpoint.

Alternatively, you can just do a subset of these steps — e.g. just uploading the template via API — and leave the rest of the heavy-lifting to the Klaviyo UI

Great, thank you! That’s exactly what I needed.