Solved

How to remove write a review button?

• 29 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

I was wondering how can I remove Write a review and ask a question buttons from my widget? I only want to display verified buyer reviews and want to disable a possibility of random 1 star reviews of people who were just browsing? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 30 April 2024, 22:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Karlis!

You could potentially do this by editing the theme of your site and manually removing the button, but at this time there is no option to turn this button “off” in the native Reviews functionality.

Best,

Brian

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hi @Karlis,

One thing to add to the answer from @Brian Turcotte above, 1,2 & 3 star reviews are automatically put in a queue for you to approve or decline. This article has more information about this.

I also recommend reading this article as it explains some of the best practices around moderating reviews. If the review is obviously fake though this you can decline the publishing of the review.

Generally I would recommend leaving the “Write a review” button here in case someone has received the product in a different way than purchasing directly (for example, as a gift) as it will support you in getting as many reviews in as possible. Generally customers actually look at the total number of reviews and any trends (ie. if one person says the product isn’t good and 99 say it’s great, who do you believe?).

I hope that helps!

Thanks
David