Solved

Isit possible to intergrate 2 different klaviyo accounts to the same shopify account?

• 18 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello, I'm relatively new to the world of email marketing and need some guidance. I represent an e-commerce enterprise operating as a multi-brand, multi-vendor online fashion marketplace. Currently, we share our Klaviyo account with a sister brand. This shared approach has raised concerns regarding our open, click, and conversion rates, as our target audiences overlap to a significant extent. To address this, we are exploring the possibility of separating our Klaviyo accounts while maintaining the same Shopify account, as we manage the sale of their items on our platform.
So my questions are, is it feasible to have two Klaviyo accounts linked to a single Shopify account? Assuming this is viable, if the sister brand is to migrate to a new account, what assets and data would be required from the existing account to initiate the new one successfully? Furthermore, I would like a step-by-step guide on executing this separation and setting up the new Klaviyo account to ensure compliance with email regulations and prevent any email deliverability issues, such as landing in spam folders. 

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 18 October 2023, 18:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey @Yasmin .A 

Someone had asked a similar question about a year ago, and a Klaviyo rep had replied to it at the time. Please check the answer to this question here

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Arpit Banjara
Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @Yasmin .A ,

Welcome to the Community! 

Although it is possible to have one ecommerce store connected to two separate Klaviyo accounts, this will cause number of issues, discrepancies, and duplication of data that is not in your best interest. To include:

• Metrics not aligning or mis-recorded
  • Users aren’t added to the correct list/account
  • Signup forms not displaying, op-in at checkout may not work properly
  • Most importantly, profile/contact management issues

Klaviyo works best in a 1:1 integration. You can separate the brand data better by strengthening your segmentation strategy, and implementing conditional splits in flows based on the data collected from your customers. 

This thread has some great information you can read up on related to this topic:

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hey @Yasmin K ,

I’ve got to agree with @Ashley I. about setting up a 1:1 connection as the best approach. I think it is best to have each brand with a standalone Shopify site and Klaviyo account. Setting up a Shopify Plus stores for multi-brand accounts is a good option.

We do have a couple of clients that run a single multi-brand Shopify store and we have connected that with a single Klaviyo account. With proper segmentation of product data and customer data, you can still set up most of the flows and campaigns. For example, making a list for each brand, allowing customers to sign up for emails from the relevant brands to them or sorting up catalog sets by brand so dynamic blocks show the correct brands too. 

Badge +1

Thanks everyone . the help is greatly appriciated!