Question

Klaviyo Shopify tags

Badge +1
  • Contributor I
  • 4 replies

Can anyone help me point out where can I find the Shopify Tag property in Shopify?😅

It is not appearing in the integration section -

Which is why (maybe?) it is not synced to Shopify>Settings>Customer data.

I added the tag via flow -

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @Oden! To clarify, you want to know where to find this ‘Greater” tag in Shopify? This is going to depend what kind of tag it is. Here is Shopify’s documentation on tags: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shopify-admin/productivity-tools/using-tags 

Badge +1

Hi @Oden! To clarify, you want to know where to find this ‘Greater” tag in Shopify? This is going to depend what kind of tag it is. Here is Shopify’s documentation on tags: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shopify-admin/productivity-tools/using-tags 

Hey @kaila.lawrence 

Klaviyo article says that Shopify Tags will not appear as an actual customer tags in Shopify. It will appear as Metafield instead so basically, the tag I created using Shopify Tag property will pulled by Shopify as a customer metafield, however, it is not appearing as a metafield under Customer data in the Shopify Admin settings. Here is the article for reference -

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030919351

and a screenshot from where I was trying to check it in the Shopify Admin -

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey @Oden,

Thanks for providing that additional context!

In order for the Shopify Tags property to be synced back to Shopify, you will need to enable outbound custom profile property sync. To do so, navigate to your integration settings, and make sure to check the box to “Sync profiles, profile data, and custom profile properties from Klaviyo to Shopify.” Then, make sure to select the option to sync custom profile properties:

You can also find these instructions here

Please confirm that you have enabled these settings and saved, and then custom profile properties (including Shopify Tags) should be synced over as Shopify metafields.

Michaela

Badge +1

Thanks @michaela.fooksa 

I have the sync set up already but I only have the option Select Properties and in the properties, Shopify tags is not included -

It should have appear in between Referral and Tag -

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @Oden, to clarify: “Shopify Tags” are synced only one-way, from Shopify to Klaviyo. Editing the "Shopify Tags" property within Klaviyo will not reflect in Shopify. 

I think you would want to create a separate custom profile property here that you then sync over as @michaela.fooksa described. This value should then be viewable as a metafield on the customer within Shopify. 

Badge +1

Hey @Kim Strauch 

I appreciate the response! With the flow I’m trying to create, I specifically need to use the Shopify Tags property. It states in the article that the Shopify tag will be added as a metafield in Shopify -

So if I added a Shopify tag ‘Greater’ via Klaviyo, should it appear in the Customer Data? It is not appearing right now.

Thanks for all your help! 🙌🏽

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hey @Oden, confirming the expected behavior and why the help doc suggests this is possible with the team that owns this capability. Will report back!

In the meantime, updating a custom property other than “Shopify Tags”  as I mentioned would be the fastest path to enable your use case