Solved

Orginization URL and Shopify URL are different - how to use Flows with Shopify?

Badge

We use Klaviyo for both marketing/product info/announcement emails as well as things like Abandoned Cart in Shopify. We would like organization.url to continue to point to our main brand/marketing site, but we also want to use Flows with Shopify. Our Shopify store has a different URL, so the pre-configured Flows, such as abandoned cart, are generating links like coolbrand-marketingsite.com/products/product-name instead of coolbrand-shopify.com/products/product-name. 

What’s the best way to handle this?

icon

Best answer by retention 6 May 2024, 21:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @jamesder!

When you integrated with Klaviyo originally, which URL did you use?

- Brian

Badge

Hi @jamesder!

When you integrated with Klaviyo originally, which URL did you use?

- Brian

The Shopify integration used “coolbrand-shopify.com” successfully. Abandoned cart emails, etc successfully pull product data over to emails, but the fully qualified domains generated by those Flows are using what I have set as organization.url, which is the brand’s main marketing site URL, not the Shopify store URL.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @jamesder, so I would use the URL that you want as your default organization URL - perhaps this is the marketing site URL for you in this case. 

For all other places where you need the other URL, you can always replace the Template Variable {{ organization.url }} with your preferred one by hard coding the URL instead of using the variable.

Are there places where this approach doesn’t work or conflicts somehow? 

Badge

Hi @jamesder, so I would use the URL that you want as your default organization URL - perhaps this is the marketing site URL for you in this case. 

For all other places where you need the other URL, you can always replace the Template Variable {{ organization.url }} with your preferred one by hard coding the URL instead of using the variable.

Are there places where this approach doesn’t work or conflicts somehow? 

Hard-coding the URL is totally fine with me. Wasn’t sure if that was possible. I’ll give that a shot, thanks!