Skip to main content
Solved

Profile "Metrics and insights" UI not aggregating event data correctly

• 13 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi all — I’ve been banging my head against this wall for a bit and would appreciate a sanity check:

Background:

I am sending custom event called “Theme sale” to a profile -- these events happened in the past, before the profile was created. I am setting a custom date for the event. This is working and I can see the events in the profile timeline.

(Fwiw I’m pushing this data via api rev 2024-06-15)

Issue:

The profile’s “Metrics” UI does not accurately reflect/aggregate the event data.

I’m having a tough time figuring out why. It seems like maybe if the event occurred before the profile is created, then the data won’t aggregate correctly. But I’m not sure that’s the actual issue.

Any ideas? Is this a bug? Or am I missing something silly?

Examples:

In the screenshots below, you can see I should have 5 all-time “Theme sale” events and 4 within last 30 days -- this is not reflected on the profile “Metrics” UI. But you can see the data is properly in the metric’s data/chart itself.

Any help greatly appreciated! 🙏

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Hello @company-xyz  
trying checking the metric via the API: https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/docs/using_the_query_metric_aggregates_endpoint#limitations

if they don’t match then the next step would be to raise a support ticket.

Badge +1

Thank you very much for the reply/advice @Maxbuzz -- much obliged 🙏

Update

The 30 days metric has “caught up” overnight (Im’ a dummy and didn’t notice that I’d posted the events to “future” times, so they all are now in the “past”).

But the All-time metric is still off -- at minimum I’d think it would reflect the same 30 days metric (4), but it’s not… and it still doesn’t see the older event either (should show 5).

re: Query aggregate

The query metric aggregate seems to show the same, but unfortunately it can only query a max of 1 year (so I’ve needed to break the query into multiple calls/date ranges, which gets a little too messy). 

Next steps

Going to keep my eye on it over the next couple days to see if it somehow catches up in the background. Will update the thread if/when anything moves.

Many thanks again regardless @Maxbuzz!