Skip to main content
Solved

Shopware 6 integration sync time

• 22 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’m using Shopware 6 with the latest Klaviyo plugin provided here. It mostly works great.

My main issue is the sync time which is stated to be every 5 min here:

This obviously is really bad for subscriber conversion as worst case they need to wait up to 5 min until they receive their double opt in email (which results in a coupon for them to buy something).

I have tried to tweak this myself by just “manually” running a scheduled task via cronjob every 1.5 min:

bin/console scheduled-task:run-single klaviyo. jobnamehere]

Now I’m wondering how low I could go with this to close in on somewhat realtime without causing issues. Also why wouldn’t the Shopware integration just simply sync as close as possible to realtime? There surely must be some technical reason?

Anyone got any experience with this?

Thanks,

Nico

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +59

Hi @CP-Nico, although I don’t know the specifics of the sync time between Klaviyo and Shopware 6, there are a few scenarios that might address your specific use case of getting the “double opt-in email, and subsequent Welcome Email that provides the coupon code.”

In most cases, the native integration between Klaviyo and the ecommerce platform is for any emails/subscribers captured on the platform to be synced to Klaviyo.  For example, if people opt into email marketing when they make their purchase (if that’s an option in Shopware 6?) or when they register an account on the platform.

However, you can also use Klaviyo Signup Forms for other ways to capture subscribers.  For example, you can create an embedded Klaviyo Signup Form, or use a Popup or Flyout where you see fit on your site.  In those scenarios, those emails go directly into Klaviyo first, which results in near realtime (or no delay) - especially if it triggers the Double Optin and/or a List Triggered Flow (e.g. Welcome Series).  

This doesn’t address the 5 minute sync time, but for new prospects or leads that simply want to get your Welcome Series (with the coupon code), you can provide near instant/realtime responses by using a Klaviyo Signup Form instead of the email being routed to your platform first (then synced to Klaviyo).  

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

Hey @retention, thanks that does help indeed! I am using some Klaviyo forms but others are from Shopware which aren’t that easy to replace unfortunately.

Maybe that is a workaround I can aim for though. To replace all my signup forms with Klaviyo ones.

Still just weird to me that the sync time for the integration is so long while it isn’t for other ecommerce platforms like Shopify.

Badge +1

Any other Shopware users around? Or anyone knowing the ins and outs of the plugin?

I’d really like to hear some more thoughts on this even if there are no solutions outside of replacing all forms. 🙃