Skip to main content

I'm in the process of setting up a form to gather customer information for a competition, and I need to ensure that this data seamlessly enriches our customer profiles in Klaviyo. I'm evaluating whether to use Klaviyo’s native form builder or a third-party tool like Typeform, which we already have an account with.

My main requirements are:

• Seamless Integration: The data collected must automatically update the profile properties in Klaviyo without manual intervention.
  • Dynamic Location Fields: The form needs to have a dynamic dropdown for location (e.g., selecting a country should automatically update the state options).
  • Accurate Data Tagging: It's crucial that the data is accurately tagged and synced in Klaviyo to ensure we can segment and personalize communications effectively.

What I’d like to know:

• Comparison of Tools: What are the pros and cons of using Klaviyo’s form builder versus a third-party tool like Typeform, particularly in terms of ease of use, integration capabilities, and data synchronization?
  • Integration Tips: Are there best practices or specific steps I should follow to ensure smooth data transfer and automatic synchronization between Typeform and Klaviyo?
  • Experiences and Challenges: I would appreciate any insights or experiences from those who have integrated third-party forms with Klaviyo, especially regarding challenges you’ve faced or benefits you’ve found with either approach.

Any detailed advice or examples from your experiences would be greatly appreciated as I work to optimize our data collection process for this campaign.

Also, if I do set up the third party app, is there anything I need to do in Klaviyo to set up these properties before they get pulled in?

Hey @GV123 

Thank you for posting your question here in the community,

Many users find the native builder sufficient for simple forms and appreciate the seamless integration. However, it may lack the flexibility needed for more complex forms, like those requiring dynamic fields. I wouldn’t rely on Klaviyo for ‘Dynamic Location Fields’ as I have seen people here on community ask questions about location not being set correctly. Some even said that all the locations were set to ‘Oregon’ which might be a default location value Klaviyo falls back to, but I am not sure of this and wouldn’t rely on Klaviyo for location.

since you have an account with typeform let me compare Klaviyo and Typeform.

Klaviyo Form Builder:

• Pros:
    • Seamless Integration: Klaviyo’s form builder directly integrates with your account, ensuring that data collected automatically updates customer profiles.
    • Ease of Use: It’s user-friendly, especially if you’re already familiar with Klaviyo’s interface.
    • Custom Fields: You can easily create custom fields that map directly to profile properties in Klaviyo.
    • Trigger Flows: You can trigger email/SMS flows directly based on form submissions.
  • Cons:
    • Limited Customization: While it’s sufficient for basic forms, Klaviyo’s form builder may lack the advanced design and functionality options that tools like Typeform offer.
    • Dynamic Fields: It doesn’t support advanced features like dynamic dropdowns out of the box.

Typeform:

• Pros:
    • Advanced Customization: Typeform offers more advanced design options, interactive features, and dynamic form fields.
    • User Experience: Typeform’s interface is highly engaging, potentially leading to higher form completion rates.
    • Integration Options: With integrations like Zapier, Typeform can send data directly to Klaviyo.
  • Cons:
    • Additional Setup: You’ll need to set up integrations (e.g., via Zapier or Typeform's native integration) to ensure data is sent to Klaviyo.
    • Data Syncing: While it’s possible to sync data, it requires more configuration and might introduce delays or errors if not set up correctly.
    • Cost: If you’re already paying for Typeform, this is an added cost compared to using Klaviyo’s native forms.

Typeform does have a native integration with Klaviyo, so Integration is not a problem, we use typeforms for our clients and it works perfectly.

To answer your last question - Here is how to sync properties/data in klaviyo

I hope the above information helps you answer all of your question. if not, feel free to ask more.

Cheers

Arpit Banjara

thanks so much @ArpitBanjara