Solved

Viewed Product Tracking - Shopify and Klaviyo

• 19 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to set up a browse abandonment flow. I can see that the integration is enabled and viewed product is checked. 

However, when I test my email in my browse abandonment flow - it says the attached. Please help me troubleshoot what the problem could be?

Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by stam_marko 19 July 2023, 16:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @smileyrox,

Not an expert of the subject, but I’d love to find a solution with you.

Can you confirm that the Viewed Product metric is working properly?
Analytics > Metrics > Viewed Product

Example of a metric tracking properly events:

If that approach proves successful and we're seeing engagement from people viewing products, how about creating a new Browse Abandonment flow to ensure the dynamic block has not been accidentally changed?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Good suggestions @stam_marko - thanks. I’ll give it a try and come back if that doesn’t work. Appreciate you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @stam_marko - just checked metric, viewed product and no data is pulling through. It’s checked on integrations though. 

Any other suggestions?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

OK, then let’s dive deeper into how the integration is pulling data into Klaviyo.

Can you also check the Checkout Started metric now?

If Viewed Product events aren't tracking, check to see if the Started Checkout event is tracking by searching for Started Checkout within Analytics > Metrics in Klaviyo. If both Viewed Product and Started Checkout aren't tracking, there may be an issue with your plugin.

Have a quick read here: 

1. "Viewed Product" Event not showing in activity feed
  1. Troubleshooting viewed product tracking
  2. Viewed Product Tracking Not Working Shopify

I'm confident that these suggestions will help address the issues at hand. The Klaviyo Academy has a wealth of discussions on this topic.

:)