We Integrate with Klaviyo but...

• 31 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
  • Problem Solver I
  • 10 replies

“...we advise customers to use the email tool in our platform.”
I’ve heard this from at least 4 or 5 different 3rd party providers at this point, and while my take has always been “well of course they’re going to say that, they want us to use their tool more”, I actually have never dug too far into why providers prefer we send emails natively from their apps rather than integrating through Klaviyo - especially because when I have integrated with Klaviyo, email response rate and deliverability improve tenfold. Does anyone have any insight into the reasoning? Are some providers actually right when they make that statement?

icon

Best answer by KatherineB 31 July 2023, 17:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

@eMeg I can’t say for certain, but I believe: 

1. They want you to spend more money with their services (as you mentioned)
  2. There may be instances where you get the best functionality of their service within the native platform as opposed to the Klaviyo integration, but I think the benefits of Klaviyo and sending all your email from one place still outweigh. any possible benefits

Katherine

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@KatherineB Those are the assumptions I’ve always made, good to know others think along the same lines and I’m not just making up reasons to bring everything into Klaviyo 🤓

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I’m with you @eMeg! Our app, Gatsby.ai, focuses on directing all our Klaviyo clients to use Klaviyo for email/sms. These other apps you mentioned are missing this strategic opportunitty. We prioritize our core competency and don't aim to match Klaviyo's email/sms functionality, just as they won't match our expertise in social tracking (I hope). Partnerships are the way to go in this day and age!